As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

EitB Bug Thread

I've noticed that in sequential pitboss (maybe in PBEM format too) fireballs and floating eyes disappear when the turn rolls i.e. not in the beginning of your own turn that is the case with most of the summons. This is quite unfair to players late in turn order. They should either work as other summons or alternatively disappear in the end of your own turn, if defensive and visibility features would be better of denied from these units. There might be some other summons behaving like this so better fix them all.

hmm.

I think I understand it though. Summons, spells and such are tied to the turn.

In Pitboss the only turn stored is 'the' turn, while in PBEM (and SP as well) the turns are stored individually for each player. This is my theory.

Either way, I do not believe this occurs in PBEM but it would be nice if we had some confirmation on that.

------------------

This is definitely how it occurs in simultaneous play. Imho it renders turn slicing somewhat ridiculously moot (at least in some instances). Anyways, it should be obvious that in Simul Play Blinding Light and Cavalry are buffed, while the rest of strategies (especially classical magic) are somewhat nerfed.

That being said, if the turns are short enough, magic isn't that weak, they just need to keep their distance from the cavalry units.

I would be surprised if PBEM and sequential pitboss would work differently. This is irrelevant in case of simultaneous turns pitboss.

In sequential turns imagine a player summoning a bunch of fireballs to protect his stack. In case you're last in turn order those fireballs are never protecting you from attack. However being 1st in turn order they always protect. In FFH with grazy mobility units around this is a significant bug that should be fixed.

No, I completely understand.

Actually I am quite surprised that Sequential Pitboss has this bug, but to me it does make sense. Even though certain factors are 'sequential' the rest of the mechanics are indeed simultaneous.

One could say that the game has to be fixed for simultaneous in order to be fixed for Pitboss.

Anyways, if the bug is fixed that would be awesome, but it sounds like the bug is only for sequential Pitboss (assuming simul doesn't matter).

I guess what i am saying is ... how can this be fixed? Can it be fixed at just the mod level or does it need to be fixed at the Pitboss level.

If the latter is true, it probably won't be fixed. If the former is true, then I wish godspeed to Sareln on this issue.

(March 27th, 2013, 09:25)Tasunke Wrote: I guess what i am saying is ... how can this be fixed? Can it be fixed at just the mod level or does it need to be fixed at the Pitboss level.

If the latter is true, it probably won't be fixed. If the former is true, then I wish godspeed to Sareln on this issue.

It's based on where in the turn structure it's "cleaned up". There are a couple of different cleanup phases, so it's all in picking the correct one. This is definitely something that is fixable, and should be fixed, so It's on the list wink.

Thesis writing continues though, ain't video encoding grand? :P
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

2nd time now my EitB game has crashed in single player for no apparent reason...is there a special fix that isn't advertised on the main page?

Has nox nocitis been built? (Look in a save if the person with esus holy just got a GP)

There's a fix for it in the main thread, which the SG should actually have, so I'll post it there.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Nox was in affect both games.

Go here (http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid315501) you paste it other your current dll
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.