As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

Likewise

Thanks guys. When it goes off the rails soon I'll try to avoid my message devolving into an unfortunately not atypical or unprecedented outburst. Trying to act like an adult this time through! lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

EDIT: Thanks, Novice, for showing me the strange ways of right-clickiness on the Dropbox website. The post, now with photos!

AAAACCCKK it's so frustrating playing on this damn laptop. It's taken me twice as long to take screen shots and fiddle with resizing all the broken images than it did to play the turn, and doing that was a hassle too. This was supposed to be FUN. rant

T188 - I've been up for over 24 hours now, short report and only the pictures that managed to take. For whatever reason I can't ALT+TAB out of Civ on this laptop. Won't do it.

Logged in to find Serdoa had an offer for me, after he had razed Brick's/my Black Fish:

Offering me 15 gpt for free. Shall I be bought so cheaply? NOOOOO. KILL THEM ALL.

Declare war, his units are already a bit beat up but I threw in two cats to assure victory for my hitters -- and they both managed to die while only collateraling one unit. Great work guys. Off to a rousing start. From there it all went fine, except that I'm playing this turn half asleep. I didn't lose any units in wiping Serdoa's 10 knights but I left a pike more exposed than I should have and had to cover him with some other units that are now a bit exposed. But I want to save that pike, if he lives to promote next turn he hits level 4 and I unlock the heroic epic. Not that I'll ever get to tech the top of the tree or get marble to build it...but still. Surely as a CHA leader I could get ONE unit to 8 XP, right?

So I killed 10 knights, including his GG Heinz Guderian (I had a screenshot showing whether he was the medic or a mauler or whatever, but not now), that's the extent of it. The result:

Serdoa had pulled back most of the healthy knights into Terrapin, probably so he can have a counterattacking force to try ripping up my elephants.

My WEs are mostly in good shape so I'll take my chances. If Serdoa wants to send in more units I have 5 more cats waiting their turn to die. Probably won't need them all though, he only has 5 knights that I could see up there, but there could be more. And he can only counterattack me with two movers because the cultural borders SHOULD pop around my forces when the turn rolls. That will limit only mobile forces to reaching my elephant stack. Would be my luck if they don't pop out correctly though.

What else..it's hard to piece together a report without evidence...I wandered around Scooter's land, his galleys have moved further south along his eastern coast. Dunno where he's going with them. He's sending a caravel to scout me out now, only fair since I've been running a chariot around down there for a while.

Oh, here's some horseshit. Remember my western city that went into revolt on like the second turn that the Zulu had culture in the city tile? Well for three turns it was in revolt and I couldn't do anything with it. It came out of revolt last turn, I whipped a monument in last turn, and this turn.....It has revolted into the possession of the Zulu. What. The. Fuck. Is that not the dumbest shit ever? Even after I make a move to amend the situation I'm immediately punished with another revolt and POOF it's gone. Keep in mind this is in the same game where I kept Blue Fish in steady revolt and couldn't get it back because of the game setting "can't flip captured cities" or whatever it's called. How the hell do the dice line up to give them this city, four or five turns after it's first even able to revolt? I mean it's a terrible city but I'm so pissed about it. Dumb fucking luck. They didn't even have to attack.

Well I demanded the city back. They'll surely reject the demand. I also demanded a clam resource and by God they better give it to me. That's all I have to say about that. I'm not rational right now.

I thought about closing borders but it would be pointless. Their caravel could keep scouting and my chariot would get kicked out. But I swear...much rage may come from this.

Anyway, back to Serdoa, I offered him peace after I killed his stack. If he has sense he'll accept it. Or not, he can send more knights and keep grinding away, I don't care, I'm going to sleep.

End of turn map, the screens all got chopped somehow, no idea why. And no F9 for the first time in forever, unfortunately, just when I have something interesting to show. After cutting 10 knights from the global power level, my power level is just short of average. Yay, average!!! smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

[Image: SNAGHTMLe6fbb14.png]
I have to run.

I also often just edit the link from previous dropbox posts since most of the link is the same and it just changes to match the filename.

Thanks Novice, I edited in the pictures into the T188 post above.

Serdoa has posted since I played (he logged in yesterday after I played) so he has by now either accepted or reject the peace deal. If anyone has read his thread and can tell me if I'm still at war or at peace that may be helpful. I won't be able to play this turn until I get back to the hotel tonight and my attack has given me the first half of the timer. So if I'm still at war it's going to be a long turn most likely. Also, I'm curious to know if I'm still at war. hammer

Yeah, you're at peace.
Playing: PB11
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

With clams!

(April 29th, 2013, 14:23)Hesmyrr Wrote: With clams!

lol Clearly, this means that things are going your way now.