As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoiler] First rodeo: Jalepeno takes the bull by the horns.

Turn 51

Hate to double up on turn reports, but the turn came in too late last night to do the big 50 then. Alas, there's still lots of interesting stuff going on.

Big news is the founding of C3, with a another fun business buzzword name.

Workers are farming as fast as they can. Switching to a corn farm next turn will shave a turn off writing, which is necessary for the micro to fit properly.

Tramping boots marks the arrival of more tasty XP.

A single warrior approaching the one city with a shock bloodpet? works for me.

Elsewhere, the delegation to Sian stumbles across a wolf in the woods.

Demos:

hmmm, so maybe I didn't need to be so concerned about TBS' GNP after all...oh well, what's done is done and writing will speed up all of the techs after it. Anyways, it'd be a shame to waste all that micro I did at work today. mischief

I'd comment, but it basically just consists of "I agree with X" lol
Honestly, I think you're doing everything right, keep up the good work thumbsup
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Turn 50 - Opposition

You can read my turn 26 state of the opposition here.

Sian
In the last 24 turns Sian has, well, not done much of anything. He's settled two more cities (4 total), had 8 population growths, and has teched one(!!!) technology. That is not a typo...the last time his score changed by more than 5 points was turn 32. I think something must be going horribly, horribly wrong for him (mistforms anyone...?)

Cities: 6, 4, 2, 1 = 13 total population

Techs: 5 (+18 turns into something)
Yell0w
He's cooled off a bit after a fast start. Apparently he's been overrun by barbs, and he's currently sporting high MFG, low food, low power on the graphs. Oh, and his 2nd city is only 6 tiles from my capital! Yay, my super weak, super close neighbor has an impenetrable shield. rolleye I might try to get him to pop his worldspell in the next 20 turns or so, but for now we're friendly.

Cities: 8, 7, 1 = 16 total population

Techs: 9+
Jalepeno
My early lead has kinda fallen apart, although I've got high hopes that aristocracy + governor's manors will pull me up.

Cities: 8, 7, 5 = 20 total population

Techs: 9
The Black Sword
His growth has exploded recently; I'd forgotten how fast the Kurios could be in good hands. Built cities 2 and 3 before popping legends (and now only 1 tile separates our borders). Has founded Fellowship of the Leaves, but I'm now noticing that he didn't have the points for a tech on that turn (or the one before or after); must have been a disciple popped from a lair/dungeon then. Regardless, he's top or close to it in the big three demographics. Figures that he'd be my other close neighbor (only have to slog through a billion tiles of his culture to reach anything of importance).

Cities: 13,7,4 = 24 total population

Techs: 9
HidingKneel/Mardoc
Looking strong. Grabbed Runes of Kilmorph back on turn 40 and was also the first person to 4 cities. I expect him to keep growing like a weed for a while, then pop his worldspell for a fortune later one. Temples of Kilmorph (+1 happy from gems!) and the lush map will help him deal with the vault unhappiness in the meantime.

Cities: 7, 6, 4, 3 = 20 total population

Techs: 9(?) + a bunch of turns into something new
WarriorKnight
I don't really have a good read on what's going on over there (wherever that is). Just the occasional pop growth or tech points. As it is, my city size numbers are from deep magic calculations on the population numbers in the demo screen. I think they're accurate, but who knows?

Cities: 7, 6, 2 = 15 total population

Techs: 10 turns into something else

(July 12th, 2013, 18:46)Qgqqqqq Wrote: I'd comment, but it basically just consists of "I agree with X" lol
Honestly, I think you're doing everything right, keep up the good work thumbsup

Hey, thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm quite happy with our position right now. Next ~5 turns or so are set, but we'll need to talk future plans soon (like building a settler v. training yard + moroi to take the awesome barb city)

Turn 52

My bloodpet didn't sustain any [more] damage defeating the wolf and found Sian's borders. Will be a couple turns before I can make contact though; hope I don't run into a spider.

Demos:

Looking pretty good. Finishing the governor's manor EOT made an unhappy citizen in Paradigm (planned for, never you worry), but it's amusing to see what tile the governor chose to stop working.

So yeah, real GNP is slightly better than advertised, but I'm quite happy not to advertise it, as long as I don't forget to switch a mine over next turn.

Turn 53

Well, after a couple slow days, the save finally arrived, and so did the latest piece of wandering XP.

With all the time between turns, I've had plenty of time to firm up my micro
Got a worker pre-roading C4, will finish just in time to shave a turn off settling. Bit of a risk, but between mine and Yell0w's borders (and the fact my bloodpet just walked through there), I'm guessing there's nothing bad out there.

Meanwhile I'm being a little inefficient with workers in order to get the gold hooked a turn faster, which in turn will provide more hammers for Paradigm to put into its library.

And at Collaboration I'm maxing on hammers & commerce while still being able to grow in one turn.

Explorers continue to explore.

hmmm, looks like that saltwater lake extends all the way to the deer, so it's gonna be awhile before the Sian Expeditionary Force can make contact. Guess I'll just have to pop the dungeon. noidea

I'm not the only one out to visit the wilds.
Demos

-MFG is super tight right now: ending turn and growing 2 pop took me from 37->42 hammers, and Rank 5->3. Means that 5 of us are within 6 points (guessing Sian's the odd man out)
-TBS still has a towering lead in food, but I've got more growth potential going forward, and am planning to get sanitation in 9 turns.
-GNP is just peachy, and will only be going up with writing coming in 2 turns. NM all the screenshots showing 3 turns, it'll be 2 (with 4 beakers to spare)

Ooh Heroic Epic smile
Those are really hard to get as vampires, so I'm had we got it early (wink)

Same as before really - looks good!
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Heroic Epic doesn't require a Level 4 unit in FFH. smile
fnord

Really duh
Then again, I've never wanted for level 4 units by that stage in the game.

(July 16th, 2013, 18:31)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Really duh
Then again, I've never wanted for level 4 units by that stage in the game.
Huh, I always thought that it needed one too, but I usually don't go up that line early unless I can build FotT so it's not something I've ever tested lol