As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Hey all - just a heads up that I will be holding the turn until around noon GMT. I value your time and I value a reqular turn pace, but this isn't working for me. I stayed up way too late and scrambled to find time before work, only to get a connection time out
[Image: 8vCKcqb.jpg]
Probably related to hotel lobby internet, if the reason matters. I'm sure I could sneak some time to play the turn, but I'm not going to because this will just happen again. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the heads up Suttree

Turn played. All praise be to Starbucks.

I think we found a bug. Got oracle, chose tech. Didn't get the tech, got a message "TXT_KEY_CHEATERS_NEVER_PROSPER".
Can it be fixed with a reload or are we royally fucked?

(September 4th, 2013, 09:45)Jowy Wrote: I think we found a bug. Got oracle, chose tech. Didn't get the tech, got a message "TXT_KEY_CHEATERS_NEVER_PROSPER".

Maybe you accidentally exploited the Oracle bug? Did you right click on the tech to go into the tech screen?

(September 4th, 2013, 09:48)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote:
(September 4th, 2013, 09:45)Jowy Wrote: I think we found a bug. Got oracle, chose tech. Didn't get the tech, got a message "TXT_KEY_CHEATERS_NEVER_PROSPER".

Maybe you accidentally exploited the Oracle bug? Did you right click on the tech to go into the tech screen?

Don't know what the Oracle bug is, but I left-clicked. I did mouse-over first for a screenshot though.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=335025- Oracle bug

Okay. Newest RB mod change log says "Lib/Oracle multiple techs" bug was fixed. Maybe the fix broke it further?

Maybe the fix has never been tested with pitboss environment. The missing tech problem should be fixable, but we need help from some of the "hackers". I think at least T-Hawk/Sareln should have the skills to do it. Meanwhile pausing the game would be in order.

Ok game paused. Not that it really stops people from playing.