As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Could we try reloaded before we go code diving, and just see if it works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

I suspect coordinating with Sunrise is not so easy... Anyway, if you guys decide to pursue the approach I tried further, the python script I'm using is CvEventInterface.py and can be downloaded here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1521...terface.py
And it should be copied to the C:\Program Files (x86)\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Python\EntryPoints folder or equivalent folder for your type of installation.

When logged into the game you activate the logic that grants India a tech by trying to rename a unit. Don't read the contents of the script if you're playing as it reveals what tech Jowy picks. And remember to remove the script when you're done.

It occurs to me now that the approach I'm using may be unsafe if used on the server, as the modified assets will be shared by all the running pitbosses, unless Sunrise is using the same fully compartmentalized hosting regime that Caledorn is using.

I may not have time to look into this further.
I have to run.

After some testing there is a fair chance Orcale gives the tech, if the winning player is logged in to the game while turn rolls. So we could actually use Suttrees save. Suttree+Jowy should match their time schedules so that they're both logged in simultaneously. Also Suttree should not log in to the game with the current name so that his save is preserved. You could log in with different name though.

I'll request reload from Sunrise.

Ok, lots to sort through and lots of IMs as soon as I logged online smile

Reloaded to Suttree's save as per Plako.

Thank you Sunrise. That was really fast.

So Jowy+Suttre. Now it is up to you get this thing rolling again.

Civstats clock seems a bit broken. However game seems to be up and running properly and paused with 4:30 in the timer.

I think Suttree is traveling so might be tough. I'll be online tomorrow most of day, only 4 hours of uni.

Just saw these oracle issues. My bad. I took the fix from the unofficial patch, noticed it wouldn't work past saving the game, and modified it to save the tech choice state when writing save files. But when Krill asked me for my bugfixes I must have provided the previous version, the one that's verbatim from the unofficial patch.

Obviously, you can't just change out the DLL with correct code in-game, because it changes the save file format. But it seems you have things in hand already.

I'm online, I'll play the turn.

logging in