As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

to be honest a 120hr turn timer would probably be good for you Harry, it means you can take your time and not have to rush so much like you do with a 24 hour.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Maybe you mean some part of this as fun, but it's pretty clear that you have a problem reg how we play our turns frown

As a explanation:
- We are trying to play this as a true team game, where we discuss both big and small decisions, which takes a lot more time than just deciding stuff by yourself
- We are playing this game for fun and we both genuinely enjoy looking at things in our civ, checking different stuff and advisor screens without having to rush
So... we can play 15 min turns and it probably would not change too much performance-wise, but it would remove both the team experience we are having and also remove the fun we are having with the game.

Moreover:
- I think we have been a total of 2 times the last ones to end the turn during the whole game and both of these times we have tried to communicate our RL problems in advance and also made some RL compromises in order to to play asap (also often at times when we actually were able to make it)
- Our turns surely become faster and the annoying firewall problems will disapper soon because in 1 week I will be gone

Actions:
- If you insist and other players agree that our playing style should not be tolerated, you can try to talk Harry into just playing quick turns, find a sub to replace us or retire us to AI
- Or we just try to tolerate each other and avoid joining the same game in the future frown
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(December 22nd, 2013, 04:58)Fintourist Wrote: - If you insist and other players agree that our playing style should not be tolerated, you can try to talk Harry into just playing quick turns, find a sub to replace us or retire us to AI

If this is somehow an actual question, I have 0 problem with OH/Fin's way of playing turns.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I have no real problem with how you guys play the turns, I just usually don't know when to stop joking about something smile

I have absolutely no problem with how you guys are going about things Fintourist. Only time it affects me is when you're blocking me from logging in, and every time that's happened you've been very quick to accommodate, so that's barely even an issue to me.

(December 22nd, 2013, 08:10)Dhalphir Wrote: I have no real problem with how you guys play the turns, I just usually don't know when to stop joking about something smile

Aaand I guess I just usually miss the tone and write too quickly.. wink but yeah, good to hear that people are not totally pissed off. Yet. I don't want to ruin the game from other people more than my firewall issues already do.. I guarantee that I hate that problem more than anyone else though!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

As a heads up, my whole neighbourhood has had no power for 20 hours, and may not get it back for a day so my turn could be delayed.

Well, we haven't had our reload yet Will, so you probably will be okay.

Reloaded to Old Harry's save. Is there consensus on an extended timer for you all?

I keep seeing the 120hour number thrown around - i'm happy with that.