As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RB Pitboss #2 [SPOILERS] - Iamjohn, Kodii & Zeviz

A double agent? Please! I'm simply projecting thoughts of working together (well until you realize that I just threw Kalin out the window... [Image: lol.gif]

They sent a response-
Athlete Wrote:No problem smile. I noted that as well. Thanks for the directions to the ruined Zulu capital. Could you perhaps let us know what the lay of the land around here looks like? Specifically I would like to know if the land will appear to stretch to the East or if I should send Ellorrs South. On a side note we did send an e-mail to the triumvirate a week ago to which we received no response. Did you not receive it or was it an oversight?

Athlete for A/K

To which I responded:

Us Wrote:Hey Athlete-

Really the only way your warrior can go is south or west, just a couple tiles east is water at least as far as the old zulu land. There does seem to be some sort of land east across the water opposite our capital, have you seen any of that in your area?

As far as messages to us, excepting your last message we have a message from you from 2 days ago, and one 7 days ago (starts with "We are excited about our new espionage agreement. The land to the west is green until the.."), was that the one you are talking about?

Unfortunately it did take us a while to respond to it- Kodii sent a message two days ago to address the issue of EP point spending, but it didn't respond to the other issues you brought up.

-As far as I know our team is definitely interested in a NAP, do you a proposal in regards to length/cool off period?

-As for contacts with other civilizations we haven't met any other team, but before we conquered Mortius he did tell us he had met LiPing of the Romans.

We look forward to further communication,

Iamjohn

-I/K/Z-

I assumed we're interested in a NAP- Do we have any thoughts in regards to length?

Also their warrior continued down south, it looks like their message of peace has been verified. smile

Yes, we want a NAP. But is anybody even playing the turns? smile

Yes were, sorry the time's I've been available this weekend were unexpedidly weird. Thanks to Kodii for playing the turn friday. smile

Their response Wrote:Hello Everybody,

Thank you for the map information. You weren't kidding about the animals as we've already run into a bear. Hopefully the RNG continue to be kind. We have seen land across the coast as well but have yet to see any type of land connection to it.

The message I was referring to was the one from 7 days ago so thank you for the response to it. It's great to know there's another civ near to the ruined Zulu civilization as it appears we have no other direction to scout.
In regards to an NAP I do not have anything specific in mind as of yet. I consider given our previous communications and unit movements that we are both genuinely interested in peace. We have set about to scout the land between us and as such will wish to discuss that land at some point in the near future. At the very least I feel we should atleast inform each other on settling intentions. As to our own we haven't committed to anywhere's yet (due to the lack of scouting between us) but are leaning to head westward at the moment.

Do you have any ideas about what you might want from an NAP at this time? Anything you want to add about future settlements? Anything I may have missed you wish to discuss?

Athlete for A/K

I keep missing posts here for some reason...

I've played the last turn. When do we want to revolt to Slavery?

And just got the next one.

I've never been clear on when exactly was the best time to change to slavery, but here's my opinion- probably earlier=better, and we want to do it once it'll influence our second city as little as possible- so do we want to switch right after we build the setter. (and where do we want to plant our second city btw?)

Can somebody post a few screenshots?

As for slavery, should we whip the settler? (Perhaps with overflow going into second Worker.)

Zeviz Wrote:As for slavery, should we whip the settler? (Perhaps with overflow going into second Worker.)

I was just going to suggest this. We already have one chop into the Settler, and since we are already pop 3, we might as well 1-pop whip the Settler to get it out a few turns earlier.

Alright, second turn today, and this one is a bit busy:

We just met regoarrarr:

[Image: civ4screenshot0032.jpg]

Talleyrand killed another barb, and because he ended up next to (yet another) barb lion, I promoted to forest I.
[Image: civ4screenshot0033.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot0037.jpg]

I agree with you guys, and right now then seems to be the best time to revolt, so I went ahead and revolted. I'll go ahead and whip after we come out of anarchy.

[Image: civ4screenshot0034.jpg]

Also, not that it really matters this turn due to the anarchy, but I switched our EPs away from Athlete/Kalin towards regoarrarr.

[Image: civ4screenshot0035.jpg]

It's interesting to note that it takes quite a bit less eps to accomplish passive espionage against regoarrarr then it does against A/K, is this indicative of a lower pop, or what? When I get time I'm going to have to research that.