As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

We only need a few more to chip in to get a decision. (Although which of Pindicator and Scooter counts as the vote for their team? Presumably Noble will think a change is a terrible idea just to provide balance?)

In favour of increased timer:
- Old Tourist
- Bacchus
- Plako
- Pindicooter
- Bigger

No strong opinion:
- Ichabod
- Commodore

Puppies:
- Suttree

Against increased timer:
- Dhalphir
- WilliamLP
- dtay

Not posted yet:
- TBS
- Mackoti
- Azza

Edit: added dtay, Commodore and Suttree's votes. (Who knew that Suttree was still reading this forum? smoke)

I would prefer no change, but not a big deal if we increase it. I mostly agree with WilliamLP, getting 1/2 the turns done in 24h is better than none of the turns.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

People on first half of the turn timer in wars should definitely try to finish their turns by the 12 hour mark though (more just agreeing with WilliamLP).
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

(February 11th, 2014, 11:38)dtay Wrote: People on first half of the turn timer in wars should definitely try to finish their turns by the 12 hour mark though (more just agreeing with WilliamLP).

Agree, generally. But it's whatever, dawgs. 26hr won't kill us.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(February 11th, 2014, 11:32)Old Harry Wrote: We only need a few more to chip in to get a decision. (Although which of Pindicator and Scooter counts as the vote for their team?

Consider us both as one vote in favor of a mild increase. 26h (up from the current 22h) sounds about right. But we're not going to die on the decision not going our way, the current situation is certainly still manageable.

No strong opinion I suppose, though leaning slightly in favour. Makes sense since we're having to pause often anyway.

I like the sound of a 26h timer. It still feels like a relatively short enough timer to not get complacent, but it'll hopefully reduce the need for pauses. They'll still be inevitable, but hopefully not as many.

(February 11th, 2014, 09:28)scooter Wrote: Dhalphir: I say this as constructively as humanly possible, but I think your posts in this thread would be better received if they were less rude. Also, your only experience in a turn split has been at war with the PYFT wizard that is Plako. Others have been less fortunate at times.

Other opinions in my spoiler thread have been similar to yours, and there is some merit in the fact that I don't have much experience with a difficult wartime turn split.

I'll say no more about it.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Sounds like we have a majority for a slight increase (whatever Mackoti says shhh) - Brick, as our glorious admin, do you want to let Sunrise know we'd like a 26 hour timer?

In favour of increased timer:
- Old Tourist
- Bacchus
- Plako
- Pindicooter
- Bigger
- Azza

No strong opinion:
- Ichabod
- Commodore
- TBS

Puppies: