As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Oxy Hates Making Sandboxes

Sounds good, I'm on it.

Ok played my last turn. Again, ask if you have any qestions.

I think Commodore is distinctly in first place, he built the HG, so he's beating me in CY and his economy with bureaucracy is better than mine currently. I got research on him eot and he's just finishing feudalism. Let's hope the philo bulb+MoM GA will make up the difference in the lib race.

Turn 79 played, thanks for clear instructions. Nothing to report really, I put up a few unit signs down in Q's lands.

Next turn, switch Quirrell and Carrow to wealth and put tech on alphabet at 0%. Thanks again!

I think you forgot to send the save

Noted, will do. I sent it to ruff.hi at gmail, it doesn't update the tracker since I'm not on it.

Nothing interesting to report this turn either, and I followed instructions as described. A worker to the SE had nothing to do, I sent it to a nearby grassland hill to build a mine as they're short on tile improvements in the area. The new missionary was sent SW, either to Umbridge or the new city. I set research to Alphabet at 0%, I have no idea why though. Is it just a place holder? You still put several points into it with overflow and scientist beakers.

And crap, I forgot to switch to wealth in those two cities. Sorry about that.

(February 19th, 2014, 10:31)Catwalk Wrote: Nothing interesting to report this turn either, and I followed instructions as described. A worker to the SE had nothing to do, I sent it to a nearby grassland hill to build a mine as they're short on tile improvements in the area. The new missionary was sent SW, either to Umbridge or the new city. I set research to Alphabet at 0%, I have no idea why though. Is it just a place holder? You still put several points into it with overflow and scientist beakers.

Philosophy bulb and later PP research

I figured you'd want Civil Service before that, it's not far away and you have a nice capital. Qg is heavy on spears. While slow speed sucks, would a mixed stack of horse archers and vultures be any good? It feels like an HA charge will be tough, lots of spears to punch through everywhere.

My next three techs need to be alphabet, code of laws and civil service. I'm not SPI, so CS is basically a blank tech until I trigger the GA(I have no dry grains). Same with Code of Laws because I'm Sumeria. Alphabet is essentially blank as well, because I've had research visibility on everyone for a while. Still, it affords some minute advantages with building research and by delaying teching of code of laws and civil service, I can pick up more known tech bonuses as others research those techs. I need alphabet for the lib race so I can bulb philosophy to switch into pacifism to trigger great people. Commodore is going to have the upperhand in the race; I need to make it up by building wealth, launching a GA and bulbing philosophy and part of education.

Yeah, Q has done a good enough job of building up defenses that I don't think invading him is a good idea. Maybe when the 2 tiles south of Mad-eye flips, but I'm really worried about Commodore right now, so I don't think attacking anyone else is a good idea. And Commodore has longbows, so I don't think attacking him is a good idea either. So, I think I'm going to start mass building wealth in anticipation of the lib-run. I've built enough military to feel secure in aggressive settlement, make my neighbors worried and score 3 workers, so I don't see it as a bad investment, retrospectively.