As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I was able to log in and play although I didn't get the hax land reveal and diplo contacts that novice managed. smile

I bounced off Halvgud logging in. Halv, are you playing in this game?

I asked Halvgud to claim a civ for me because I couldn't connect from my own computer, and he's currently visiting and using another computer on my home network. Since this is just testing that everything works, feel free to claim his civ if it's needed - he won't connect again anyways. smile

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Gah. Sorry about that ridiculous signature. I recently installed a new ROM on my phone and lost my tapatalk settings. It's been killed now.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I'm either unable to connect or I get a runtime error (this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way) when I get the civ selection screen.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(March 5th, 2014, 20:01)AutomatedTeller Wrote: I'm either unable to connect or I get a runtime error (this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way) when I get the civ selection screen.

I got that the first time too. What I did wrong was I extracted the zip into the /mods directory with an extra subdirectory.

Make sure there's only one level. For me, this directory should only have "Assets" and "desktop.ini":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RB Mod 2.0.6.2

(And the game will create another ini file in there.) Before, I had extracted into a second "RB Mod 2.0.6.2" directory inside there.

woo hoo! I can connect - thanks, WilliamLP smile
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Hi wetbandit smile
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I didn't even make it past the "Finishing" screen while you were in the game, Pindi. I saw that I had something in there, but I couldn't get through until now, of course, after the server is empty.

I don't know if it was because I was in or lucky timing, but it looks like you finally got past hte Finishing screen after I left.
It took me forever to get through the Finishing screen as well
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I can't connect. Also, I forget how to connect to Pitboss, maybe...?