As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I was able to log in successfully, for what that's worth.

I appear to be correct with units and techs. Thanks to everyone involved with putting this together.

Will the game need to be restarted again to fix my settler/scout or can that be WB edited in while the game is ongoing?
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Nope, needs a restart, I've already sent the map to Caledorn but he's probably asleep now. Nefarious lurking spies report the rest of you all have settlers.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

My starting techs look right.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(March 11th, 2014, 20:06)Cyneheard Wrote: @Boldly: Delete the mod and re-install it from Krill's signature; you may have a slightly wrong version/bad download.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure.

Also, my techs are correct, and I have the right units.

I used the link that Plako provided in the initial post. The one in Krill's signature is for 2.0.3.6. I'm pretty sure I have the right one installed. I'll try again tomorrow on another computer where I've also installed 2.0.6.2.

In the meantime, if a helpful lurker wants to log into my civ and post a screen shot for me, my password is in my thread. Also, please check that I received the correct techs. This way I can be somewhat productive and hopefully not delay the game any while I solve my technical issue. If no one can do that, no big deal, I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Oh, yeah, my stuff looks correct. Guess we'll have more time to think what with the restart.

BGN, I hope you can solve your tech issues. I'm baffled. Maybe on the restart it will all be magically better.....

(March 11th, 2014, 21:36)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(March 11th, 2014, 20:06)Cyneheard Wrote: @Boldly: Delete the mod and re-install it from Krill's signature; you may have a slightly wrong version/bad download.

I used the link that Plako provided in the initial post. The one in Krill's signature is for 2.0.3.6. I'm pretty sure I have the right one installed. I'll try again tomorrow on another computer where I've also installed 2.0.6.2.

In the meantime, if a helpful lurker wants to log into my civ and post a screen shot for me, my password is in my thread. Also, please check that I received the correct techs. This way I can be somewhat productive and hopefully not delay the game any while I solve my technical issue. If no one can do that, no big deal, I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Make sure you don't have any extra or any missing hidden files in the mod folder. I think RB Mod includes a hidden desktop.ini file in some versions.
I have to run.

(March 11th, 2014, 21:36)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:

Ha, for once someone else is going to have to solve your tech problem. I can't log in for you. neenerneener

By the way, I updated the first post of this thread with the server address since I had to look through the thread to find it. Boldly, make sure you're entering it exactly and make sure there isn't a space somewhere in the text box as you're typing in the address (like invisible after the end of the address).

I think deleting the mod and reinstalling it is the cleanest fix. When you extract it from the .zip file remember that all the data needs to be one level under your mods folder, not two levels like it will be if you extract the .zip file from inside your mod folder. The path to the mod data should be \mods\RB Mod 2.0.6.2\<mod data here>

So for you:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RB Mod 2.0.6.2\<stuff goes here, like the Assets folder and the RB Mod 2.0.6.2.ini file>

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

my techs/units are fine.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya