As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Is the reloaded map up now, or are we still waiting for that?

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Not sure if you already tried it, Boldly, but you should delete the RBMod folder that is in the "My Games" folder and just leave the one inside the "Steam" folder. Having the Mod present on both folders will make bad things happen, which I say from experience.

If you have already tried that or if there's another problem, just disregard this.

(March 12th, 2014, 14:15)Ichabod Wrote: Not sure if you already tried it, Boldly, but you should delete the RBMod folder that is in the "My Games" folder and just leave the one inside the "Steam" folder. Having the Mod present on both folders will make bad things happen, which I say from experience.

If you have already tried that or if there's another problem, just disregard this.

I've tried that. I'm having a problem where the mods in "My Games" are being "found" by Civ, but the ones in the proper folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\etc etc etc) are not "found" by civ.

I'll let Xenu worry over it. My back is killing me and I'm cranky even thinking about this now. Thanks for the repeated attempts at help today, everyone. I can't even get my avatar to change right now.

[Image: PEBCAC.jpg]

I'll wear this today. smile

If it helps I can't get my avatar to change either, probably die to the server move I'm guessing?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(March 12th, 2014, 16:04)pindicator Wrote: If it helps I can't get my avatar to change either, probably die to the server move I'm guessing?

I assumed this was the case and even looked in the admin thread to see if anyone had mentioned it. No one had, and given all the problems I'm already having, I just figured I was too inept to even do that anymore, even though I've done it several times without issue.

Not knowing how to figure out a technical problem is terribly vexing to me. I've reinstalled Civ AND BTS and i'm somehow still reading mods from the wrong folder. I moved from my C: to my E: drive and watched in windows exploere as a new My Games folder was written. I just don't understand it. I can't delete the C:\ folder in Steam's options, so my next step is a total uninstall of steam and then reinstalling in my E:\ drive so there is no possibility of it even appearing in C:\. And then it will probably happen again and I'll be dragging my desktop into the woods for burial.

Xenu, I'm on muscle relaxers (ha, that ought to help my cognitive function and technological aptitude), so if you need me to install something, you better let me know what and how soon before I fall asleep.

That's really strange, Boldly, because my Civ is installed exactly the same way as yours and will only read mods from the Steamapps folder, and won't touch My Games at all.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(March 12th, 2014, 17:12)Dhalphir Wrote: That's really strange, Boldly, because my Civ is installed exactly the same way as yours and will only read mods from the Steamapps folder, and won't touch My Games at all.

Man, I just don't even know anymore.

[Image: T0%20more%20help5.JPG]

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled Steam, requiring me to redownload all of my games. Ok, fine. At least now I know everything is off the C:\ drive.

[Image: T0%20more%20help4.JPG]

Really? banghead I opened vanilla Civ just to see if it would write into My Games, and it sure did. I have no idea what is wrong here.

(March 12th, 2014, 17:23)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I opened vanilla Civ just to see if it would write into My Games, and it sure did.

Why is that a problem? Just don't put RB Mod in there.
I have to run.

The problem is that the mods available at this screen

[Image: T0%20more%20help.JPG]

do not show up in any other mod folder. Is there a way to get the game to read/look for mods in a different folder?

Try searching for where Those mods are kept on your computer?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player