As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Those mods are all kept in the Steamapps mods folder for me, and always have been, so I don't know what's happening there.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(March 12th, 2014, 13:58)Commodore Wrote: By the way, going by the settings from first post, and also my mention of the different starts for the "we want tight!" set, this is a 60x124 cylinder. It'd considerably more roomy than, say, PB15 for you "normal" people and every single land tile is going to be eligible for being in city borders. I know the tile amounts look scary, but don't worry folks. wink

Oh. I thought it was going to be a torroid to address the issue of the folks on the northern and southern edges of the map having safer backlines to expand into. But looking at the first post that isn't mentioned, so sorry for not bringing it up before. I suppose it's too late or wouldn't work with the layout to hack it to be Torroidal?

Also Barteq is going to ask if the person running the 25 player KAC pitboss had any trouble setting up Civstats.

(March 12th, 2014, 18:50)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: do not show up in any other mod folder. Is there a way to get the game to read/look for mods in a different folder?

Is there a chance you're looking in the wrong mods folder? It's kind of deceptive, you don't want this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

You want this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

(March 12th, 2014, 19:14)WilliamLP Wrote:
(March 12th, 2014, 18:50)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: do not show up in any other mod folder. Is there a way to get the game to read/look for mods in a different folder?

Is there a chance you're looking in the wrong mods folder? It's kind of deceptive, you don't want this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

You want this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Boldly is all sorted now and owes me some booze, I think. He was able to connect and claim his civ so his technical difficulties are solved.

There are three different mod directories. One under My Documents\My Games\...\mods and then the two that WilliamLP mentioned above. Well...Boldly had the mod installed in BOTH of the "wrong" folders and not in the right one. What's funny is that he was able to connect to a test pitboss game running the mod (same version, 2.0.6.2) when I hosted it myself, but he could not connect to Caledorn's. I wonder if it was because the test game was configured with fewer than 18 players, but there are mysteries in the universe that may not be worth solving.

TL;DR - Boldly is ready to play and owes me beer. toast

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I would throw you a barrel of scotch to avoid ever having to think about this again. I might seriously just buy another computer if I ever have to try to figure this much stuff out. Hate is too kind of a word for this version of hell.

I actually had the exact same thing happen to me with mygames/steamapps, and I connected to the test game under the MyGames directory. It then didn't work for the real thing, and made me remove from mygames and put it in steamapps :???

(March 12th, 2014, 20:16)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I would throw you a barrel of scotch to avoid ever having to think about this again. I might seriously just buy another computer if I ever have to try to figure this much stuff out. Hate is too kind of a word for this version of hell.

lol I built the last one. Does buying a new one mean I have to do that again too?

Anyway, welcome to my personal hell. I do that shit for a living. Only for people I don't like. And they've never bought me whiskey, either.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Old Harry Wrote:Oh. I thought it was going to be a torroid to address the issue of the folks on the northern and southern edges of the map having safer backlines to expand into. But looking at the first post that isn't mentioned, so sorry for not bringing it up before. I suppose it's too late or wouldn't work with the layout to hack it to be Torroidal?

I would prefer it as Torroidal too, but I doubt that's a option.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Without civstats, I'm a little confused. Is the game currently running?

(March 12th, 2014, 22:25)Qgqqqqq Wrote: I would prefer it as Torroidal too, but I doubt that's a option.

Doughnuts are nice for eating but I wouldn't want to live on one.