As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(March 14th, 2014, 10:55)plako Wrote: I've already coded the timer and Score text file writing. They should only be coming to pitboss host, but I need to test it. Next the event log part, but can do it only a bit later. So I would say no one needs to step out. Example file formats in case someone wants to code some web page above these:

bow
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

No feature creep!

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

(March 14th, 2014, 10:55)plako Wrote: Example file formats

I think it would be a good idea to include the player id in the score.txt file, as the leader name might change as people log in and out.
I have to run.

(March 14th, 2014, 06:35)Catwalk Wrote: I'd like to sit it out, I've been getting busier every week for the last two months now and I probably shouldn't commit to this. I can join the sub volunteer corps with Lewwyn, that ought to get plenty wars fired up hammer
Okay, Plako is awesome, so it looks like we'll use you in the sub volunteer corps, Saladin of Mali needs your services!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(March 13th, 2014, 17:56)plako Wrote: I did some preliminary investigation and I think I can make a special version of the Rbmod dll with these features:
* eventlog updated, when player logs in , out and finishes turn + When the turn rolls (probably needs to be limited in size)

Should the event log also capture score changes?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Saladin of Mali is available. Should we post this in the general forum in case people are not following this thread closely?

Edit: Done.

Awesome work, Plako. Much appreciated by all!

Is this going to be able to track logins and turn ends? Maybe this was implied in the "event logger" but I just wanted to check. I'm as much concerned about knowing who has ended turn as I am the timer.

rant

[Image: PB%2018%20error.PNG]

My new computer does not want me to play civ.. This error comes immediately after connecting Caledorn. When I connect to PB13 the game allows me to choose civ, tranfers the file, but then crashes with different error.

Anyone familiar with this or otherwise ideas?
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I think it's just because the game is down. I had that when I tried to connect to the wrong IP.

Hmm.. it does not still explain this when I'm joining PB13:

[Image: PB%2018%20error2.PNG]

Trying to play with various setting now, but where is xenu... rolleye
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3