As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I may be bouncing off some other people... also I got stuck loading into the actual game, after selecting my leader/civ and forced the game to close, so hopefully I didn't screw anything up. I can't connect to the IP anymore, but it looks like a couple other people are logged in, so hopefully it's just that.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Any impact if I alt + click the lurker scum civ? devil

Edit: Whosit, I'm out.

Got it, thanks!

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

(March 18th, 2014, 20:10)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Any impact if I alt + click the lurker scum civ? devil

Edit: Whosit, I'm out.

When Sullla techs Alphabet he'll probably poison your water or something. Go for it. smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Too late.

That doesn't seem like a good thing...
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Well, civstats seems to be having issues. According to Pitboss Portal TM, everything is fine.
http://caledorn.no-ip.org:81/

(The pitboss portal seems to only register score change events as the player ends turn, however.)
I have to run.

Novice's tracker doesn't report an elimination, it shows Lurkan as having ended turn with 32 points, which is what Civstats recently showed before this. I also received two emails within the last hour from civstats about a new turn at 0 AD and 4000BC, seems like civstats is just wonky.

Yeah, it's just Civstats that's still being buggy. I'll ask OverloadUT if he wants to look into it. Otherwise we'll just make due with the excellent replacement we have, and we'll probably get an email notification programmed into it too smile
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Does anyone else find themselves preferring the home-coded one that we have now? I'd actually prefer this be the default tool for all Pitbosses going forward.

I REALLY like the timezone-based turn-roll notifications, and the way that turn actions are structured, the fact that it includes the turn number in each line reported is nice too - rather than having to hunt up and down to see the gigantic block of score changes that represents a turn rolling, you can just look for where the Turn 0 changes to Turn 1 in the reporting lines, which is easier.

And of course, it has the charm of being homebrewed right here at RB by our beloved plako.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?