As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

maybe PM those who haven't played, just so they know the game is up

(March 19th, 2014, 08:27)Jowy Wrote: maybe PM those who haven't played, just so they know the game is up

Go ahead! wink Although even 24h has not yet passed so there is maybe no rush yet..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(March 19th, 2014, 04:02)Dhalphir Wrote: Does anyone else find themselves preferring the home-coded one that we have now? I'd actually prefer this be the default tool for all Pitbosses going forward.

I REALLY like the timezone-based turn-roll notifications, and the way that turn actions are structured, the fact that it includes the turn number in each line reported is nice too - rather than having to hunt up and down to see the gigantic block of score changes that represents a turn rolling, you can just look for where the Turn 0 changes to Turn 1 in the reporting lines, which is easier.

And of course, it has the charm of being homebrewed right here at RB by our beloved plako.

I'm glad you feel that way, Dhalphir. I quite like it, too.
By the way, the html markup is very bare bones, positioning is done by css. So if somebody wants to play around with styling to make the portal look nicer, feel free.

Also I've written a small emailer utility which works on my machine. Hopefully we can make it run on Caledorn's server as well. It will notify you of turn rolls and reloads to previous turns (it won't detect reloads to earlier in the same turn). If you're interested in email notifications, you need to communicate your email address to Caledorn.

The source code for the portal and emailer is here:
https://github.com/novice-rb/pitboss-portal/

I expect the source code for Plako's changes to the mod to be shared here at a time of Plako's and T-Hawk's convenience.
https://github.com/erikmooney/Civ4Realms...BalanceMod
I have to run.

What are the map dimensions (for sandboxing goodness)?

(March 12th, 2014, 13:58)Commodore Wrote: By the way, going by the settings from first post, and also my mention of the different starts for the "we want tight!" set, this is a 60x124 cylinder. It'd considerably more roomy than, say, PB15 for you "normal" people and every single land tile is going to be eligible for being in city borders. I know the tile amounts look scary, but don't worry folks. wink
I have to run.

Thanks thumbsup

I'm imagining the 60 is the 'y' dimension and that we're not playing on toilet-paper-roll-world.

(March 19th, 2014, 16:09)novice Wrote: I expect the source code for Plako's changes to the mod to be shared here at a time of Plako's and T-Hawk's convenience.
https://github.com/erikmooney/Civ4Realms...BalanceMod

I've a pull request there containg 2 commits (known tech bonus changes + this reporting feature). Might be though that we don't want that known tech bonus to main branch. I've serious trouble understanding how I should use Github. I've used SVN in the past and this feels so clumsy, but I guess I've not found the right way to use it.

(March 19th, 2014, 17:00)WilliamLP Wrote: I'm imagining the 60 is the 'y' dimension and that we're not playing on toilet-paper-roll-world.

Isn't y usually the smaller one on civ maps anyways/

Queeg, Bacchus, Dazed, Barry, and Nakor to go. I know Gaspar is covering elsewhere for Nakor, what about the others?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.