As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 "How to Install and Run the mod" Thread

Where do I get the mod?

Here ...
(March 17th, 2014, 12:59)Krill Wrote: RB/Smegheads mod 2.0.6.4

Where do I put the mod?

You want one of these (depends on your system setup and what version of Civ4 you are running) ...
  • Steam instillation of Civ4 (thx WilliamLP from this post) ...
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
  • Non-Steam, win7 installation, installed from BtS expansion disk ...
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
  • Non-Steam, win7 installation, installed from BtS complete disk (thx Commodore) ...
    • C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

The folder containing the mod must be called 'RB Mod 2.0.6.4'. It should look like this once you have it unzipped ...

I typically unzip it to a directory that I have complete access too (ie desktop, docs, etc) and then copy and paste it to the program files location. Win7 nags me about access rights and I say 'tis ok'.

[Image: RBModPlacement.png]

Apparently there are tons of incorrect mod folders.

Don't put the mod in any of these ... these are all WRONG

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods
- C:\Users\<win user name>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Desktop Shortcut.

[Image: Shortcut.jpg]

This is an old picture to the spanish mod. For this game, you need this in the target ...
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="RB Mod 2.0.6.4"

Edit: Novice reports the following as working (for him) ...
(March 22nd, 2014, 18:30)novice Wrote: "C:\Program Files (x86)\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="mods\RB Mod 2.0.6.4" ini=C:\civ4ini\pb18.ini

I have no idea what is in his ini file.

Note that your path may differ from mine (Win7, disc install, not steam).
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Once you have Civ4 running, you want ...

- multi player
- direct IP connection

... and then set the connection screen up like this ...

[Image: pb18-login.JPG]

You will want to put in your own name instead of 'spacetyrantxenu'.

This is a good idea; here's the path for Win7, too.
[Image: ModsInstall.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Note that the paths vary based on the edition of Windows. Any 64-bit Windows will by default put Civ and Steam in "C:\Program Files (x86)". 32-bit Windows (which is mostly XP) will put Civ and Steam in "C:\Program Files".

This is the shortcut setting that works for me. It differs from what you list in your opening post, Ruff.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="mods\RB Mod 2.0.6.4" ini=C:\civ4ini\pb18.ini

(See the bolded part)
I have to run.

(March 22nd, 2014, 18:30)novice Wrote: "C:\Program Files (x86)\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="mods\RB Mod 2.0.6.4" ini=C:\civ4ini\pb18.ini

Does you ini file reference a mod to load?
Have you tried your shortcut without the 'mods\' part?

No one ever said that Civ4 was logically - I expect that they both might work.

Yeah I guess it's the mod="\RB Mod 2.0.6.4" variant which won't work.
My ini file does not refer to a mod, I just use it to get the correct connection string for the game prefilled. (DirectIP = caledorn.no-ip.org:2058)
I have to run.

OP says 2.0.6.3, I assume 2.0.6.4 is correct?

(May 27th, 2014, 15:13)Catwalk Wrote: OP says 2.0.6.3, I assume 2.0.6.4 is correct?

Yes.
I have to run.