As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Is there a reason why I got three end-of-turn automated emails?

(March 25th, 2014, 17:59)Cyneheard Wrote: Is there a reason why I got three end-of-turn automated emails?

The emailer wants to be absolutely certain you got the message?

On a more serious note, I also got three. I'll take a look at the configuration and see if I did something wrong there. If all looks okay, I'll ask novice.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I got none, for reference.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

I had forgotten a semicolon between two of the email addresses in the config file, so that's the most likely reason why the mailer went berserk and sent out 5 notification mails, and also the most probable reason why you didn't get your mail Dhalphir. Your email is in the list, but it is located after the spot where I had forgotten the semicolon.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

(March 23rd, 2014, 18:50)HitAnyKey Wrote:
(March 23rd, 2014, 08:56)Caledorn Wrote: I will put up a new version of the portal that I got from Novice now - we're now at version 9. smile

I noticed you added a dropdown box so it only displays your own timezone of your choosing. Any chance a version in the future will push that timezone choice for the times down into the event log so it converts those times to the timezone choice?

I implemented this, but I see I messed up and all the event times are off by one hour. I'll send a fix to Caledorn tomorrow.
I have to run.

not sure if this is already implemented, but sometimes the timezone selection feature seems to remember my selection and sometimes it doesn't. I don't really understand website coding, so is this something that can be made permanent based on a cookie or IP address?
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

It seems that every time I refresh the portal it has changed. Colors, centered, dropdowns. Nice work!
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Getting stuck on the choose a civ screen, stays on "Waiting for Civ Choices". Was able to log into PB13 without a problem.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

(March 25th, 2014, 19:29)Dhalphir Wrote: not sure if this is already implemented, but sometimes the timezone selection feature seems to remember my selection and sometimes it doesn't. I don't really understand website coding, so is this something that can be made permanent based on a cookie or IP address?

Your selection is stored in a cookie.
I have to run.

Is there a way to make it the kind of cookie that gets cached forever?

(or is it just because of the updates that it resets)