As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: Tick every rule that you'd be happy with (even if they are contradictory):
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
<24h Pause requested - Let it roll!
1.97%
6 1.97%
<24h Pause requested - Get a lurker to play following instructions
7.87%
24 7.87%
<24h Pause requested - Pause it
10.49%
32 10.49%
>24h Pause requested - No chance, let it roll!
2.95%
9 2.95%
>24h Pause requested - Get a lurker to play following instructions
7.87%
24 7.87%
>24h Pause requested - Pause it
3.61%
11 3.61%
>24h Pause requested - A case-by-case analysis needed.
7.54%
23 7.54%
Pause not requested - Let it roll!
7.87%
24 7.87%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 6 hours and then resume
4.92%
15 4.92%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 12 hours and then resume
2.62%
8 2.62%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 24 hours and then resume
1.64%
5 1.64%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock indefinitely
1.31%
4 1.31%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left and get a lurker to play turn ASAP
6.23%
19 6.23%
Pause not requested and next turn player still doesn't show up - Pause and look for replacement
8.20%
25 8.20%
Pause not requested and next turn player still doesn't show up - Retire to AI
1.31%
4 1.31%
Pause not requested and next turn player still doesn't show up - Lurkers play until player returns
6.89%
21 6.89%
Reload for missed turn - no chance
2.62%
8 2.62%
Reload for missed turn - only if you requested a pause that didn't happen
7.21%
22 7.21%
Reload for missed turn - case-by-case basis
6.23%
19 6.23%
Reload for missed turn - every time
0.66%
2 0.66%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll for pause behaviour

Given that we have Commodore and Mackoti lurking I think that getting lurkers to play turns for us will in almost every situation be an improvement over playing ourselves. We just need everyone to post their password in the first couple of posts in their thread if this gets chosen.

Please be sure to vote for every rule you'd be happy with, not just the one you'd be most happy with (this way we get the settings least people will be unhappy with rather than the settings that most people feel strongly about).

I've not mentioned reloads for mis-clicks as there was only space for 20 options and I think that's usually an admin decision.

I think we need over 16 votes for options to be considered binding and ideally we shouldn't consider this decided until everyone has voted or said they don't mind. Also, as we get further into the game your opinion might change - so post here if there is a turn after which you'd like us to reconsider these rules.

Am I the only jerk that voted for no pauses or reloads across the board?

Darrell

(April 22nd, 2014, 16:32)darrelljs Wrote: Am I the only jerk that voted for no pauses or reloads across the board?

Darrell

No, but I'm the only one who's willing to retire people to AI...
I have to run.

(April 22nd, 2014, 16:39)novice Wrote:
(April 22nd, 2014, 16:32)darrelljs Wrote: Am I the only jerk that voted for no pauses or reloads across the board?

Darrell

No, but I'm the only one who's willing to retire people to AI...

If push came to shove, I'd go for it. I would just hope that we would find a replacement first.

Come to think of it, "try to find replacement" might fail, and "lurker play till player returns" might not be tenable in the long run - if a couple people drop off the face of the earth, who are these lurkers who have time to keep playing indefinately? Maybe retire to AI will be forced upon us no matter what we vote. Hopefully there will be more than one neighbour around the AI, so not all spoils go to one lucky player.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

Holy crap this poll was way way unnecessarily complicated. Would not a simple "Should we let turns roll if people don't play and don't ask for a pause" Yes/No have solved the question we were attempting to address? Because right now everybody's opinions are so spread out across the poll that it's ridiculous.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(April 23rd, 2014, 17:49)Dhalphir Wrote: Holy crap this poll was way way unnecessarily complicated. Would not a simple "Should we let turns roll if people don't play and don't ask for a pause" Yes/No have solved the question we were attempting to address? Because right now everybody's opinions are so spread out across the poll that it's ridiculous.

When establishng policy, it is good to have as much information as possible to make a good decision. I think the poll covers the bases nicely. We are not trying to solve one specific problem. Rather, we are trying to cover the range of possible problems that we may encounter for the remainder of the game. The poll even allows for specific contingencies that we need not enumerate immediately. As long as we get feedback from all of the players, we should have a set of rules going forward that hopefully will not require extended discussion and delay with each missed or delinquent turn.

(April 23rd, 2014, 17:49)Dhalphir Wrote: Holy crap this poll was way way unnecessarily complicated. Would not a simple "Should we let turns roll if people don't play and don't ask for a pause" Yes/No have solved the question we were attempting to address? Because right now everybody's opinions are so spread out across the poll that it's ridiculous.

It isn't necessary that any one choice get a majority of the votes (in fact it is by design impossible), so the bars are misleading. The relevant consideration is which options garner a vote from the majority of players (so 17+ votes). Thats the "result" we care about.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

(April 23rd, 2014, 18:09)dtay Wrote:

It isn't necessary that any one choice get a majority of the votes (in fact it is by design impossible), so the bars are misleading. The relevant consideration is which options garner a vote from the majority of players (so 17+ votes). Thats the "result" we care about.

You don't in a real world situation want to necessarily even require a majority (this kind of vote is far from strategy proof), but I think in this setting we can trust people not to game it.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I am bad at reading and accidentally voted. =(