As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Yeah, there was something weird in the beginning (visible from Whosit's log in time), which prevented at least me, AT and Hashoosh from playing. But now it worked without problems. That said, AT you did not forget to end turn did you? mischief
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Game might be a bit screwy ... it says I am connecting to WilliamLP even though the portal says WLP isn't connected.

Edit: Don't mind me ... must learn how to read the portal more accurately.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

What I've learned is beware trying to connect right after the turn roll: the mass of Scandinavian firewalls is extremely hard to penetrate.

I am taking the server down for a few hours since we're going to shuffle furniture around in the living room, including the computers and the server. I will post here when everything is back up and running. smile
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Was going to post asking why I couldn't join haha

Good luck on the re-arrangement, maybe you'll find a stash of coins or a few tv remotes jive

(May 7th, 2014, 14:24)Caledorn Wrote: I am taking the server down for a few hours since we're going to shuffle furniture around in the living room, including the computers and the server. I will post here when everything is back up and running. smile

Probably a good idea to pause the game when you bring it back up. I was going to play about an hour ago and am going to bed soon, not sure who else is in the same situation but there's apt to be a few unless I'm the last person remaining to play.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I am in a similar situation...

I'll be in the same situation in an hour. I'll be able to play at about 9:00 EST

I was going to say I was still timing out connecting to host, but then I noticed Caledorn said above that he'd post here when the server was back up. So he probably knows it isn't back up and doesn't need me to post anything here. But my mouse just spasmed and it looks like I hit Post Reply anyway.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Yeah I had assumed the game was back up since the pitboss portal is back online, but I can't connect to the game either.
I have to run.