As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

(May 18th, 2014, 21:17)AutomatedTeller Wrote: Question: I have a ocean floodplains fish, which I presume is a glitch. It's a 5 food tile now, before improvements.

Should I just not improve it, since it's an obvious glitch? I can probably use all the help I can get wink

(May 18th, 2014, 21:25)Commodore Wrote: It's less random that other crap that will happen, I'm sure. Go nuts. wink

That's 9 food with a boat and a lighthouse... wow! This fish and Scooter's grassland FP (now a 5/0/3 hamlet) are the only free gifts we've seen, right?

That said, AT isn't likely to parlay a tuna tile into a game winner, but with the wet corn the city will be +13f at size TWO! If one of the headline acts grabbed it I'd be more concerned. (sorry AT, prove me wrong buddy.)

(May 20th, 2014, 12:17)Commodore Wrote: William, you might have had extenuating circumstances, but your PB13 dotmap was a crime against humanity. Pindicator is helping you with buffing the super-capital...which is is 100% a Mackoti Standard, if that's your preferred paragon. wink

After Commodore beat William over the head about the value of overlapping your capital to share food and grow future bureau-towns, Novice- pregame favorite and noted micro master- posted THIS sim:

(May 21st, 2014, 15:51)novice Wrote: So I got on chat with Krill. We've just played turn 53 and settled our third city. Here's the new plan for turn 61:

Umm... yeah. Should be.... interesting

:LOL: Commodore, If Will's pb13 dots were a crime, what do you call the pic above? They have six cities there but STILL no copper. Horses? Not even revealed yet. oy! Will dtay call them on it? Bowmen may save cities but they cant stop crippling pillagers

A. They realize its balls-to-the-walls bughouse nuts.
B. Creative, bowmen, good read of neighbors
C. Financial, weirdly enough, means that capital is probably a hammerland, not a cottage monster.
D. See A
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(May 22nd, 2014, 15:40)Commodore Wrote: A. They realize its balls-to-the-walls bughouse nuts.
B. Creative, bowmen, good read of neighbors

lol

i love it. as for opponent read tho, dtay burst onto the "hey, he's pretty good" scene by calling jowy/tbs on this kind of unsupported city placement in pb13. I wouldnt put it past dtay to bust up this plan.

Commodore, can you explain C?

(May 22nd, 2014, 20:29)Gavagai Wrote: Commodore, can you explain C?
Sure. In RBmod, Financial is the exact opposite of everyone else; it wants to cottage every non-riverside tile it owns, but the rivers don't give boosts so Fin guys prefer to farm or watermill the tiles. Watermills are also buffed +1h extra; so rivers can be nice 2/2/1 or 1/3/1 tiles...and Krovice's capital can have seven watermills. Plus those mines. And eventually a levee. eek

(May 22nd, 2014, 20:49)Commodore Wrote:
(May 22nd, 2014, 20:29)Gavagai Wrote: Commodore, can you explain C?
Sure. In RBmod, Financial is the exact opposite of everyone else; it wants to cottage every non-riverside tile it owns, but the rivers don't give boosts so Fin guys prefer to farm or watermill the tiles. Watermills are also buffed +1h extra; so rivers can be nice 2/2/1 or 1/3/1 tiles...and Krovice's capital can have seven windmills. Plus those mines. And eventually a levee. eek

:s/wind/water

Not sure your point stands in general, I think FIN or not, you want your capital to max out *both* hammers and commerce in the BUR age. There's no better commerce city in their dotmap, so they'll probably get a hybrid capital going.

tongue

Wow.
(May 25th, 2014, 06:57)dtay Wrote: Shot of the whole empire

Demos. Curse you lurker civ for denying me triple 1's!

If he didn't have Krovice as a neighbor, I'd call it now.

(May 25th, 2014, 08:56)Commodore Wrote: Wow.
(May 25th, 2014, 06:57)dtay Wrote: Shot of the whole empire

Demos. Curse you lurker civ for denying me triple 1's!

If he didn't have Krovice as a neighbor, I'd call it now.

The land which he got is just awesome, every city 2-3 food resources, compensate in a way for his land in 13.