As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Clock has about an hour on it, so I'll give Hashoosh an hour to log in since he didn't leave instructions for me this turn. If he doesn't turn up, I'll take my best guess and keep the game moving. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Played it, apologies. I actually dropped my phone on Friday and the screen stopped working properly, so I couldn't get to the internet while I was away.

Thanks for covering for me Parkin smile On with the show!

Accidentally quit to Desktop. Apologies! Hope it didn't cause problems...

We'll see how closely the timer approximates 24 hours, it may be pretty close by the time I'm able to play tonight. Right now the turn will roll 2.5 hours before I can play (always around 8pm US Eastern is when I free up), it might make it since there are still a lot of people remaining to play. If not, shudder, please pause.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

The last four turns it's been pretty consistently 23-23.5 hours, and that's with most turns having the last person finished an hour or so before the timer runs out. So you can probably rely on the turn flip being at least 14-14.5 hours away. If it's a matter of an hour or so, I'm sure it's no trouble to pause. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I am out of pocket all of Wed and to late Thu. I have a dedicated lurker who I have asked to play (but he hasn't popped into my thread to say YES yet). I will be leaving instructions in my thread for the Wed turn tonight when I play T75.

Hmm - given STX's comment ... I might have to leave instructions for T75 & T76.

Update: No sweat - the dedicated lurker has checked in and said he is willing to do this obnoxious task.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Looks like I'll need a short pause tonight. I get home from work right about when the turn is scheduled to roll so it shouldn't be much of a delay at all
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Hey MYKI, you were probably bouncing off me. Try again now.
I have to run.

(June 17th, 2014, 14:44)novice Wrote: Hey MYKI, you were probably bouncing off me. Try again now.

Not right now though, cause I got tired of waiting and logged back in, and now I have a diplo screen open so I can't log out while you're blocking me smile
I have to run.

Okay, all done, it's all yours MYKI.

If you have problems logging in it's a good idea to check the pitboss portal to see if anybody is logged in and might be blocking you.
I have to run.