As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Sorry, we don't post on topic!

It seems about 1/3 of the time Caledorn reboots I can connect to the game, so 2/3 of the time I can't play. I will start a thread to see if I can get a sub.

Darrell

Turn 81

Started a Chariot in the capital; can build an Axe in a closer city. Independiente can probably build a Settler fastest if it grows to size 4 then whips one, so we'll stay on the Library for the moment. Another option is to chop a Settler out in Absinthe, which has a number of forests prechopped. Maths due next turn.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5768.JPG]

Demographics.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5769.JPG]
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I guess chopping Settlers is pretty efficient...

Darrell

Yeah, nice with that IMP bonus on top of Maths. Will do that then.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Turn 82

Maths is in. Not sure what tech you want next - provisionally set research to Currency at 0%. Current estimate is ~25 turns, but with more cottages, Libraries and Scientists that should hopefully drop to 15-20 turns. Do you want to offer OB to WilliamLP? That would drastically improve research if he accepts. (Assuming trade routes haven't been tampered with in RBmod.)

Finished 5 chops. Granary will be completed in Vodka next turn, then back to a Monument. Settler will be completed in Absinthe in 2 turns (final chop next turn). Started a Library in Boca Juniors and a Worker in Gargle Blaster.

Silver will be hooked up at Vodka on T84, just in time for growth in the capital and Boca Juniors.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5792.JPG]

Huh, you had a random War Chariots quest in the early game I guess.

Demographics.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5791.JPG]
Lord Parkin

Let's save cash for now. I was originally thinking Construction and HBR for Elephants+Catapults, but maybe that was an overreaction smile.

Darrell

(June 25th, 2014, 11:02)darrelljs Wrote: Let's save cash for now. I was originally thinking Construction and HBR for Elephants+Catapults, but maybe that was an overreaction smile.

Darrell

Okay, well we can always change our minds later if we save cash.

Any thoughts on OB with WilliamLP, or is that out of the question? Only one I can see that you should have easy trade routes with.
Lord Parkin

I thought about that...I guess go ahead and offer it but it would be nice if there was a no scouting clause somehow. We need the cash.

Darrell

(June 25th, 2014, 20:36)darrelljs Wrote: I thought about that...I guess go ahead and offer it but it would be nice if there was a no scouting clause somehow. We need the cash.

Darrell

It's AI diplo, right? Guess we'll just not move units into his territory and hope he returns the same courtesy. Will offer it this turn.
Lord Parkin

Turn 83

Okay, I couldn't offer Open Borders to WilliamLP because apparently that's been shifted to Alphabet in RBmod. Rather than researching Alphabet though, I have a better proposal: research Fishing and Sailing, build a Galley and unload a Settler onto one of the islands to the west, north or east. It doesn't matter which - the main thing is to get the intercontinental trade routes. If that works the same way as in BTS, it'll immediately boost all your trade routes from 1 to 2 commerce/turn, which translates to a large percentage boost in research. It's the same boost you'd get from OB, but unlike OB this option doesn't rely on another player's whims. You could research Alphabet to find WilliamLP refuses to Open Borders; or you could found an island city to guarantee yourself the same bonus. Fishing + Sailing is even cheaper than Alphabet, which is nice. smile

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5822.JPG]

I also have a proposal regarding your eastern territory. It's exceptionally good land, but the dot you've marked out blocks off three city spots which would be quite excellent. I've marked my proposed alternative below.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5820.JPG]

State of the empire...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5821.JPG]

...and finally demographics.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5823.JPG]
Lord Parkin