As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Xenu and I are working on setting up steam and installing the mod on a relative's computer to play our respective turns. We are in the boonies where the download speed is not awesome, so if we cut it too close, please pause. We hope to finish on time, apologies in advance if we do not but it will not require a long delay, if any.

Thanks

Can someone pause? We are having the issue where civ reads the mod from the wrong folder and are trying to sort through that.

If we are unable to sort out a solution, LP can play my turn, I have instructions in the usual place. For now, though, a pause please.

Paused.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I've spent about two hours trying to get this to work and it isn't happening on the computer we have available tonight. I'm currently downloading BTS on another computer and on the shitty rural DSL Internet connection here that should be done sometime overnight. Sorry to hold things up, but this is the peril of travel I guess.

Happy 4th, hope no one else missed their fireworks display fiddling with Civ 4 mod shenanigans. banghead

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Download finished, actually works on this laptop, need someone to unpause.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Unpausing now.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Pause for tbs?

GermanJojo, you just locked me in a diplo screen... lol
Lord Parkin

TBS was logged in for 15 minutes today. That is a fairly average log in time for him from what I could see lately but he's had several logins last much longer. I'd recommend pausing to be safe. Probably forgot to end turn though.

I can't log in to pause now, so if anyone else is able and willing...

Edit, LP is already logged in so never mind the pause request.

dang sorry, unpaused. i logged in to pause for him and didn't see you were connected.