As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Ride to ruin and the world's ending! (TBS, Becko & Joao)

IIRC, at least 25gpt base and I already have a market built in the shrine city.

[Image: 3hpf6z5.jpg]

Grabbing Music this turn and I need to think about my next tech goals. I think I have a better GNP than anyone but dtay. I saw him 2t CoL on breakeven research with my research visibility. Commodore is next with 125gpt saving gold I think, I'm slightly above that depending on what gold I'm building. The other 3 seem to make around 70-90gpt but then they also have better beaker multipliers. Oxy in particular has built up a large gold stockpile, near 500g I think. I think he's only birthed 1GP for his academy so he could easily be gearing up for a Liberalism run. We'll have a pretty good stockpile ourself from the Statue of Zeus. I reckon we'd be pretty competitive for any tech goal where he can't bulb an advantage.

I think I get research visibility on Commodore too next turn, this EP advantage is great. smile

[Image: mPjlxiG.jpg]

Less failgold than I expected, guess I should have recorded what each city was making.

Artist is ours and will entertain in our capital for a while.

And the HG was built by Commodore!party

I've been pondering the possibility of a Taj run. I have plenty of time to build overflow somewhere, and we could probably use the Artist GA to optimise it also. If we keep research visibility on dtay and Commodore then that will help. For the moment we need to pick up IW and MC anyway. I also ran the numbers on Civil Service and it seems like a reasonable choice, even with the revolt turn to Bureau. Got to keep that 26 cities mark in mind this time too. If we have a GA planned not far into the future though then obviously CS loses some of it's appeal.

Ah right, there was a turn's delay in Lonely Trails' 81g failgold, I guess because it was before 3TS in the city order. Also 6 sources of iron in my borders! I gave up some serious hammers delaying IW.

I'm trying to decide between two long term plans at the minute:

1. ->Guilds->Knights-> Banking -> GA -> Economics(+free GM) -> Revolt to FM + others

2. ->Nationalism -> GA -> Taj -> Gunpowder -> Mil Tradition -> Cuirs -> Try to fit Economics and FM revolt in, GM unlikely

I think Archery -> HBR first in any case, we've another neighbour to swat:
[Image: xjYulG5.jpg]

This is one game dtay won't be beating me to TGL at least neenerneener.

[Image: pDSvuni.jpg]

I have enough research visibility to know nobody has Aesth, Gaspar has alphabet so I can see his techs and Yuri just got CS. So I didn't need to whip, still, it's a powerful wonder and there was the benefit of getting it 4t earlier. I was agonising over the value of a gpp for a while before deciding that with a world wonder, er on the side of earlier.

I just realised the implications of dtay teching Mysticism T119. Has he popped borders in every city with just Libraries and perhaps lucky religion spreads?! That seems pretty crazy on the one hand and seriously impressive on the other, if he managed it well.

Anyway, my choice between long term plan 1 and 2 seems very difficult, I'm having a hard time deciding. I'm leaning slightly towards 2 though, because if I lose Taj the first path offers very little for a long time. Depends how much I plan to draft I suppose. Philo is a dead tech for quite a while with my designs on Paya, CS is bettered delayed to time up with the GA. While I think I have the time to set up a good Taj build, I should surely expect dtay to do the same and Ind is a big advantage without marble. Commodore looks to be going for Knights, having teched Feudalism and revolted to Vassalage so I don't have to worry about that too much. Well, I have a bit more time to delay and watch dtay's research at the minute.

Dtay stood still here on the current turn:
[Image: UAtabvV.jpg]

Smart move, keeping the jungle around until he can bring more troops in. I was a bit worried about him unloading a chariot in city and attacking my axe so I retreated a tile. The rest of my forces are coming in but I decided to try a peaceful resolution:

[Image: cw4XPws.jpg]

OBs for 20t, and 20g, if he leaves the city site alone. I'm not sure how valuable the OBs are. He should have 2 island cities, to go along with the 2 sets of OBs he currently has for 4 trade routes per city, so I doubt they're super-valuable. I doubt he can hold the city anyway, it's almost nice to have a non-cre civ to attack. crazyeye

Another location I was looking at that I think I'll be beaten to:
[Image: LQAy3UN.jpg]

I felt the jungle site was backlines, this didn't feel too important since I don't have calendar. Maybe I should have prioritised it just for the long term land. It's quite possible to take off Rapwel later at least.

We also landed our GP on the interturn and I couldn't resist doing this:
[Image: Wmn4bge.jpg]

Now THAT is one hot tamale.

It's very tasty. Commodore's shrine is almost as good I guess, no more than 5gpt off. In addition to the shrine gold, the others must be losing out on some serious hammers from OR, a very high proportion of our hammers are going into buildings these days. In particular, I'm surprised Thoth hasn't tried to spread his confucianism around more, given he's spiritual and the revolt is free.

So, I said I was leaning toward plan no.2 because I couldn't be assured a Taj victory over the Ind civs, well, I think I've figured out how to build it faster than them(Hint: it involves disconnecting my coppertwirl) so I'm back to the start. I still appear to have the Top GNP by quite a margin, Commodore makes 150gpt saving, I make 220gpt. Dtay is still the wild card here though because I can't just check his gold saving figure. He's picking up Monarchy next apparently, so either Knights or a GA are in his future. I'm aiming for 1k failgold from the Paya, since there really is no hurry to finish it, and a golden age in the future, I feel pretty confident that I should be able to take 1 of Lib/Taj/Econ, but I'm not sure I can steal 2 of them.

Other things to note:

Dtay declined my not-so-generous offer, settled his city with 2 axes and a skirm. Forgot he was Mali. Still, the city is on flat, so it's only S6. I'll probably be sending in a force next turn, 3 axes, 1 spear, 3 chariots, unless he gets more defenders into the city. I settled the Northern jungle spot instead, chopping the forest for a granary, building culture to pop borders a bit earlier and hook the clams.

Looks like Commodore whipped half of his empire from civstats, wonder what that's about. He's got an interesting position right now. The HG caught him up a bit in food and production but he still seems to have a bit less land than his neighbours. Looks to me like he's going to get to Knights a lot earlier than them though and they'll be all 2-promo with vassalage.

(July 16th, 2014, 07:25)The Black Sword Wrote: disconnecting my copper

Stupad exploits...
I have to run.

(July 16th, 2014, 07:51)novice Wrote:

Stupad exploits...

Explain?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(July 16th, 2014, 11:44)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(July 16th, 2014, 07:51)novice Wrote:

Stupad exploits...

Explain?

Well I don't know if this is what TBS had in mind, but...
I have to run.