As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Er, might need to pause...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Civstats down, but game seems to be running fine.

We know Scooter is having trouble but what's up 2MetraNinja? Do you need a replacement too or are you waiting to declare on Scooter once he's played?

Mack, your answer to my question about Pindicator is quite important - if your objection to replacing Scooter is because a new player will behave differently I don't think we can accept it. Is it something more important than that?

(July 14th, 2014, 04:58)Old Harry Wrote: We know Scooter is having trouble but what's up 2MetraNinja? Do you need a replacement too or are you waiting to declare on Scooter once he's played?

Mack, your answer to my question about Pindicator is quite important - if your objection to replacing Scooter is because a new player will behave differently I don't think we can accept it. Is it something more important than that?

I dont remeber if i said here or in my thread , i dont care do what ever you wanna do.I will play a turn if apears and thats is.And dont make it my fault turn is taking 3-4 even 5 days.

The turn delays clearly aren't your fault. Apologies if I implied they were.

Sounds like no one objects to Pindicator taking over. Have you got the time Pindi?

Quote: me: Hey! Mack says he doesn't care!
Go roll us a PB13. wink

Sent at 9:17 AM on Monday
Pindicator: K, I'm just about as bad as Scooter now though
me: Er
100 hours since he played
No, you're not. :P

Pindicator: I'll post something in his thread and hopefully I can get some idea of what he's doing

As of right now pindicator is taking over starting tonight, so I'm holding off on finishing this turn. There's a chance he logs in and goes NOPENOPENOPE - if that happens I'll continue on.

I feel really bad for grinding this game to a halt, but again I cannot say I expected this game to still be chugging along into July.

Sorry folks, i don't think this is going to work out. I underestimated just how much time it was going to take to barely manage an empire of this size - i think it's taken me half an hour just to cycle through cities and figure out builds/tile assignments on these 2 turns. And my schedule doesn't allow for more time than that.

Honestly, I think you need to call this. It's been a fun run and we all wanted to see it come to some thrilling conclusion, but pretty soon we're going to be propping up the corpse in a rocking chair in a corner of the room with its best sunday dress on, trying to convince ourselves it's still a person. Nobody else has volunteered to take scooter's civ over, and the only other power in the game is only thinking about how someone competent and with a lot of time to dedicate may ruin his chances. So just call him the winner and get out the shovels so we can lay this body to peace, please?

Or maybe you do that, retire the top two civs to AI and let the fun teams play their stuff out. I don't know where to go with my metaphor for that option.

Sorry Scooter, you were right. This thing is a beast. I'll happily help you end turns promptly so you don't have to be chained to it; I owe you that much.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(July 16th, 2014, 10:10)pindicator Wrote: ... the only other power in the game is only thinking about how someone competent and with a lot of time to dedicate may ruin his chances. So just call him the winner and get out the shovels so we can lay this body to peace, please?

Um, is that Plako or Mackoti?

(July 16th, 2014, 10:10)pindicator Wrote: Sorry folks, i don't think this is going to work out. I underestimated just how much time it was going to take to barely manage an empire of this size - i think it's taken me half an hour just to cycle through cities and figure out builds/tile assignments on these 2 turns. And my schedule doesn't allow for more time than that.

Honestly, I think you need to call this. It's been a fun run and we all wanted to see it come to some thrilling conclusion, but pretty soon we're going to be propping up the corpse in a rocking chair in a corner of the room with its best sunday dress on, trying to convince ourselves it's still a person. Nobody else has volunteered to take scooter's civ over, and the only other power in the game is only thinking about how someone competent and with a lot of time to dedicate may ruin his chances. So just call him the winner and get out the shovels so we can lay this body to peace, please?

Or maybe you do that, retire the top two civs to AI and let the fun teams play their stuff out. I don't know where to go with my metaphor for that option.

Sorry Scooter, you were right. This thing is a beast. I'll happily help you end turns promptly so you don't have to be chained to it; I owe you that much.
[Image: alfred.jpg]
...Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.

...in Pit Boss Twenty-two!