As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(July 17th, 2014, 09:05)pindicator Wrote: Do I need to replay?

I think so, you should check in-game.
I have to run.

(July 17th, 2014, 09:05)pindicator Wrote: Do I need to replay?

Most likely, yes, if you actually played when you logged in. The autosave is generated on log in, and sadly not on log out.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

replayd and repaused. Happily i had some extra time this morning before work smile
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'll be able to play in about six hours
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(July 17th, 2014, 07:51)Ruff_Hi Wrote:
(July 17th, 2014, 07:47)novice Wrote: ... and ruff needs to end turn.

I haven't ended turn? Feel free to hit that big ol' red button.

Was just going to do this, but it looks like you're already there. wink

Mardoc, for the record I'm able to play your turn when you're away if you wish. Doesn't matter too much in this case since the turn flip needs to be pushed forward a few hours right now anyway, but keep it in mind for the future. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

yep - I logged in when I got home and EOT'd it. Then paused and exited. logger says I am still playing ...
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Yeah, I've noticed the logger doesn't seem to update with any new info whenever the game is paused - logins, logouts, whatever. Different to Civstats where the logger updates regardless of whether the game is paused. Might be worth considering a fix, if it's not too much trouble. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

If we're going to fix the tracker, we could fix a couple other minor things--the spacing of the action/turn number on the right side is a little tight now that the turn number is three digits, and updating the players for each civ would also be good.

Logging during pauses won't happen for this game , since it requires (fairly extensive) changes to the dll, and hence a new version of the mod.

Caledorn has given me ftp access to the server, so I might tweak the web portal a bit once my vacation is over.

The portal source code is here:
https://github.com/novice-rb/pitboss-portal

And the dll changes are here:
https://github.com/novice-rb/Civ4RealmsBeyondBalanceMod
I have to run.

Due to pauses, turn roll has moved to a less convenient time. May need a short pause tonight