As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Hmm, sounds like the problem Darrell was reporting a while back, and one I had years ago. Seems to be some random quirk about the internet provider you're using, though I've never traced it. Sometimes the host saving and resetting the game fixes it.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I'm logging in now, was able to get all the way in.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Game paused, 1:26 to go. Looks like Dhal, Bacchus, and AT remaining to play.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

sorry for the delay - I was out and when I got back, I had lost power. It's supposed to be back on by midnight, EDT (it's now 11 pm), so I should be able to play before going to bed. (I'm typing this from work, where I can't connect to the server because of firewalls)

ok - heading back now.

If you guys need to play for me or let it roll to keep the game going, go ahead. I tried playing earlier today, but was unable to connect.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Just Bacchus left to play... is he out of town? Did he leave instructions in his thread?

Back, playing for Bacchus now. Turn flip in 5-10 minutes.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

(July 19th, 2014, 18:58)Bacchus Wrote: When I log in, the civ choices list is empty, saying "Waiting for Civ choices".

UPD Still failed after a couple of tries, left instructions in thread from memory.

I believe this is a firewall issue - I have to briefly switch off my firewall after getting to this screen to allow the civ list to load

That is the exact problem I was seeing. I tried disabling my firewall and it failed (but it might work for someone else).

Darrell

Hey novice, how tough would it be to allow sorting based on score in the web tracker?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(July 20th, 2014, 13:21)pindicator Wrote: Hey novice, how tough would it be to allow sorting based on score in the web tracker?

Incredibly easy. If you want it to be optional it's a bit more work though.
I have to run.