As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] Civ 5 PBEM4 Tech and Organization Thread

Welcome Caledorn! Should we start discussing settings for a 4-player game now?

I think it could be fun to give every player 2 bans, then assign civs randomly. 2 mulligans seems fair this way. I'm fine with a snake reverse order pick, but random seems like it could allow some unusual leaders to see play

Other than that, I'm happy to go with Meiz's choice for map settings. Assume quick speed and a small pangaea map (I wouldn't mind a small continents map with every player having a continents to himself, with all continents reachable with Sailing - but I don't think it's possible to make such a map balanced without a proper worldbuilder)

Guys, let's get this off the ground? Let's decide on the settings and start picking? I understand with Civ5's lame worldbuilder, the map can't be rolled before civs are chosen

Small map, pangaea, quick speed, no barbs (?), level 4 difficulty?

Whoever rolls the map can roll random civs for us (with our ban list being excluded from the rolls). You get 2 mulligans, but after that you have to stay with what you're given. Normalized map so that no pantheon beliefs are overpowered and ban DF.

Anything I missed?

The ban list is Huns, Arabia, Mongolia ?

I'll also need your play order before I can generate the map.

I'd vote for Poland, Babylon and Korea to be banned as well. Plus Venice, because I would think the Venetians are terrible when playing against all humans.

My time slot is ~10:00-01:00 most days (student) on Atlantic time, so that's 13:00-0:400 GMT if I'm doing it right.

Yeah those 7 are a good list

Huns
Arabia
Mongolia
Poland
Babylon
Korea
Venice

My most reliable window is 23:00-01:00 GMT. I can occasionally play on lunch break, around 13:30 GMT, but that window is reserved for Pitboss 18 most of the time

The RNG chooses:

Yuris, Indonesia
Hashoosh, Ethiopia
Azza, Morocco
Caledorn, England

Thanks Meiz. A new one for me please, Indonesia on a pangaea doesn't seem too exciting

Reroll

Re re re roll