As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

(December 14th, 2014, 19:11)Ceiliazul Wrote: Citizen over grassland tpwn. Even if its for good reason, still yucky.

dito

(December 15th, 2014, 11:42)Grimace Wrote:
(December 14th, 2014, 19:11)Ceiliazul Wrote: Citizen over grassland tpwn. Even if its for good reason, still yucky.

dito

No worries, we did not go with that wink
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 173

Dtay offered us white peace. I said no. His Cuir won the coinflip and I decided not to burn Rath this turn. If we capture it next turn then we can burn the bigger Shandalar. If dtay doesn't build a Rifle in Rath.

Mechanics question - will the Mace in Hazelnut queue-upgrade to be a Grenadier? If so in a couple of turns we might be able to burn Ravnica...

BGN is saving 1000 gold a turn (he has 1000 now) and I'll guess he'll get Rifling about turn 178. dtay is saving 1100 gpt (he has 42 now) and Scientific Method could just be a placeholder. Things I didn't get a screenie of include moving in on Azza (two turns of slogging through culture, then some fighting), Pindicator's stacks looking poised to fight more, dtay stacking a lot of units in his northern coastal cities and dtay having upgraded a second trireme to be a Frigate (I'm expecting a tsunami of Frigates from him in the near future, but it's still a trickle for now). Anyway I didn't end turn - I'll check I haven't done anything too dumb in the morning.

Demos and power. Look at dtay's nosedive! Great work Pindi! I like you again now. I'm sure that's a great relief to you. Krovice have now got as much power as dtay. When do they attack? cry

No, the mace will not auto upgrade until machine guns.

(December 15th, 2014, 21:55)Ceiliazul Wrote: No, the mace will not auto upgrade until machine guns.

Rifling and (MilSci or Railroad). It's weird.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Thanks guys, we'll have another Frigate out of the city then.

I went back and forth a bit about capturing Rath this turn to set up a double city-kill next turn, but in the end decided against.

Shandalar: Are our galleons in position to reach the city via lake or how did you plan to capture it? (let's try not to get everything jailed in the lake though)

Ravnica: Yeah, with amphi Grenadiers it should be an easy raze/capture. One of our galleons could head back so that we can do this in less than 5 turns?

How promising/non-promising is the positioning of Krovice/pindicator troops?

And yeah vol. 2, dtay's power drop is beautiful. nod When one takes into account how stretched dtay's remaining (though considerable) troops are in pindi continent + coastal cities that we are threatening, Krovice should easily be able to take couple of cities in the middle of dtay continent, cut him in half (or in three parts if we can limit dtay's movement between pindi continent and his core) and things would be beautiful. popcorn

Wishlist of the day:
1. I wish pindicator has energy for revenge and tries to get his cities back hammer
2. I wish that Krill's attitude towards war is "absolutely yes" instead of "absolutely no". I'm not sure if there is a possibility that it could be anything in between.. The little I've seen when logged in makes me optimistic as there are cannons heading into right direction, but stuff should have already started happening.. Or latest in couple of turns.. hammer

As said before, if one of the two wishes happens, it will keep us in the dance for a while, both are needed for real success and real dogpile where dtay's land gets divided, and if neither happens.. we're out and offer/accept peace in 3-5(?) turns... In the last case the interesting part is to what extent there will be a hot/cold war between us and dtay in the future.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(December 16th, 2014, 06:01)Fintourist Wrote: Shandalar: Are our galleons in position to reach the city via lake or how did you plan to capture it? (let's try not to get everything jailed in the lake though)

Yeah, it's probably not going to work but we could:
v1
- Wait until next turn
- capture Rath
- send one Galley through the lake to burn Shanalar
v2
- Capture Rath this turn with C2 Cuir (hoping dtay won't recapture)
- next turn send Galley and Knight to burn Shanalar
- send Cuir to burn Theros
I thought the former was more likely to work.

(December 16th, 2014, 06:01)Fintourist Wrote: Ravnica: Yeah, with amphi Grenadiers it should be an easy raze/capture. One of our galleons could head back so that we can do this in less than 5 turns?

On it's way.

(December 16th, 2014, 06:01)Fintourist Wrote: How promising/non-promising is the positioning of Krovice/pindicator troops?

They definitely aren't a defensive stack, but I just don't know what they are waiting for. huh

(December 16th, 2014, 06:01)Fintourist Wrote: d if neither happens.. we're out and offer/accept peace in 3-5(?) turns... In the last case the interesting part is to what extent there will be a hot/cold war between us and dtay in the future.

I was hoping for a Commando strike on the Jewish holy city before peace, in fact we could (perhaps) do that in three turns even without another great general. If dtay fails to reinforce the city.

Just checked in-game - the commando strike could be on t175. I should have thought to have the Knight in position to do it a turn earlier smoke.

If that bites us then its just the story of our game. The turn before we declared we could have burnt five of dtay's cities, rather than the mere one we managed on t170. If we'd just had a one-turn revolt to Free Market would dtay have been able to reinforce a turn quicker?

Turn 174 prolog

And as if by magic, we might just be a turn late to the party rolleye. There are six Frigates in total here, shepherding two galleys, which are no doubt ferrying stuff back from Pindicator's continent. Speaking of Pindicator, note the recapture of his coastal city, giving him a salient right back to the Hindu holy city! jive Anyway, we have three cities we can hit Wilfork from, Commando A lets us hit the virtually undefended Mayo, but is in range of four Frigates. Commando B gives us a shot at Ryan, where we *might* be able to kill the 2 Rifles, Cav and Pike with our nine Cuirs and pike. I forgot to check Bell Preston, but it may actually be the best target here smoke. We have four Frigates in the area, more are on their way and some Ships of the Line in build queues, but we can't really go toe-to-toe with Dtay just yet.

So what do you think we should do? Ten hours on the clock...

There is also an interestingly huge Dreyheard army within sight to the Hindu holy city that I didn't grab a shot of. please burn it devil.