As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

You missed some action! Dtay waited til Pindicator was engulfed in conquest to his West,then attacked from the East taking the hindu shrine on T2 of the war. FinHarry saw the whole thing coming, even tried to warn Pindicator by gifting a scout on the soon-to-be front line... didnt matter, Pin was getting swallowed whole. By T5ish, Pin was down to his original core, getting chomped by dtay in the East with his army deep in cyneheard territory on the other end of the field.

FinHarry launched a massive plan to ge Astro early, whip/upgrade galleons and get them staged in secret off the coast of dtays lands. They planned to raze the coast even if they couldnt keep anything, just so dtay couldnt consolidate his gains. Dtay artist bombed the hindu shrine to bring that sweet 100+ gpt online (along with dtays own jewish shrine ALSO worth 100+ base gpt!) and looked to be headed for concession without someone intervening.

FinHarry also had eyes on Krovice troops, dtays other tense border, where a substantial musket/knight army was massing. Team Badass hoped that a good first strike on dtay would bring krovice into the war and force dtay to fight THREE fronts. Krovice, on the other hand, is pretty fatalist about the dtay border, wants nothing to do with a land war, and plans to attack ruff.

Keep in mind, at the start of this war, in a 33 player game, our four main actors are all TOP FIVE in score! BGN is the only podium member not engaged, we'll come back to him.

Pindicator, a bit of a Badass himself, isnt waiting for Finharry to intervene. He gives cyneheard a hugely generous peace deal (100gpt!) to free his army from the West front, and wheels to counter attack dtay. Dtay's success thus far has made him just slightly cocky, and gets his army of cav stuck in collateral range of Pin's returning troops. BOOM goes the dynamite, Pin destroys dtays army and starts RECLAIMING cities.

Fin/Harry launch their naval attack at nearly the same moment. They think they are too late, because dtay has only barely had time to defend his coastal holdings properly. Their nine loaded galleons are only able to raze one city! However, the game log tells everyone the war is real and the power graph shows a MASSIVE hit to dtays power.

Krovice still wants nothing to do with land war, prefering to clobber hapless ruff lands overseas. In one of the most humorous bits of logic seen lately, Krill insists that if they join the war against dtay, dtay will focus his revenge on Krovice because theirs is a land border and naval war is hard. Krovice doubts Finharry will make gains, because naval war is hard. So instead of a land war against dtay, Krill wants to fight Ruff... in a naval war. (Not being fair to Krill here, he had more flesh to the argument. But it was funny nonetheless!)

So Krill stands by while FinHarrys navy holds forces a standoff and quick naval cold war with dtay. Both Badass and Dtay are burning economy to make material, and BGN is laughing in the wings. Pindicator, a bit of a badass himself, is murdering dtay in every tactical way. He's recapturing his cities before dtay can even bring them out of revolt, which means the old culture borders pop back to full glory. In just two turns he reclaims the Hindu shrine! It is a moment of glory for Pindicator, and doom for dtay.

Dtay is taking this well, giving a great show, and revolts to nationhood to draft rifles. He starts drafting against the quota, while still whipping navy and upgrading old oromos. His power curve quickly rebounds from his devastating loss in PinLand. However, losing the Hindu shrine has awakened a powerful shrimp.

Krill has been arguing against war, with Novice providing a constant but measured lean toward declaring. When Pin takes back the shrine, Krill sees enough blood in the water. They attack with their massive musket army against dtays rifles and cav. Crazy, right? Oh wait, Krovice also has twelve ish cannons. These are monopoly tech, and they are rapidly cutting Dtay's narrow neck in half.

So that brings us almost to present, dtay is losing the war and losing face against Pindicator, hands tied by FinHarry, and cut in half by Krovice. But thanks to his economy rending mobilization, he has upgraded or drafted forces everywhere. No one can make gains anywhere. Krovice artist bombs their captured city TWICE but is still vulnerable to one-movers. FinHarry has tied down two hundred thousand power points in dtays coastal garrisons. Pindicator takes peace! But the war continues.

In the meantime, BGN has cossacks, and is annexing... whoever he wants to! Nakor now, qgqq next, maybe a side dish of dreylin or Ruff, we'll see. TheBlackSword, marooned by geography, is making a play of his by steamrolling dazed. Dazed is replaced by Mackoti, but the major battles are in the past and Tbs is keeping a remarkable streak of capturing two cities per turn. Every turn.

So the previous runaway is replaced by BGN, second place is maintained by Finharry. Pindicator has fallen far from fifth place, is replaced as "dark horse" by TBS.

And Krill? Krill wants to have his land war AND wage a naval war. Cuz those are easy, right?

(January 13th, 2015, 11:41)Ceiliazul Wrote: You missed some action!...

Or to paraphrase: hammerhammerhammer!

Wow Ceil, I read that in an old-timey Radio Announcer voice and it was awesome. Please tell me you're doing this in the PB22 lurker thread too!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(January 13th, 2015, 11:41)Ceiliazul Wrote: ............

That's an awesome post thumbsup

(January 13th, 2015, 11:41)Ceiliazul Wrote: You missed some action! ...
... Cuz those are easy, right?

Thank you! bowpopcorn

Suddenly, a three-way Communism race!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Not much of a race, if dtay has a liberalism head start and 5k gold in the bank... AND he's building research.

That last part is interesting, it may mean Krill actually gets to pull off their Ruffian annex.

Current tech rates at t183, collected from screenies in the last few turns. All numbers in raw beakers at 100% or estimated 100% based on 0% and some other number. Very rough, and no account for the fact that Pin runs 90% breakeven while BGN is somewhere around 55%. This is the blind man's elephant, but indicates future fortunes somewhat.

Base bpt at 100%
1800 German Jojo
1930 Black Sword
2000 FinHarry (but 7 turns of GA left at ~3000!)
2600 BGN

Again, this doesnt account for breakeven rates, which give Pin and dtay about 1.5x more turns at 100% than BGN can manage.

Plako is enigmatic, but recent shots show him at 1180 and making cash, so he's not too far behind in raw bpt. As ever, Plako cant be counted out.

Will last showed non-GA beakers at 815... almost twent turns ago. He may be in the 1200 range by now, but since his thread went to mothballs, no telling.

Thanks for digging through the threads for that overview. Really interesting to have the comparison. H
owever flawed it may be due to break even rate and such.

The only one of the top three economies not going fo communism:

(January 20th, 2015, 18:12)Fintourist Wrote: Currently I think we trust Free Market and skip Liberalism + Communism altogether. If it comes to space race that's 13000 adjusted beakers saved.

(January 20th, 2015, 20:02)Old Harry Wrote: Turn 184

BGN researching Liberalism could just be for Environmentalism, as his Civ is named the National Park Service. If he's going for Communism he's in a race with dtay and for the first time this game I want dtay to get that first-to bonus...

(January 22nd, 2015, 12:31)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I still have the GE available but maybe I can save that for something else, like another GA. I may even rate that last GA as more valuable than Kremlin itself, I'm not sure right now. I just know I don't want OH/Fin to get Kremlin.

So boldly whiffs hard on who his competition is for Communism. But with a saved GE, he may get the Kremlin anyway.