As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

Ooh, thanks for the pretty pictures.

Yeah, those are sweet.

I did some modelling (with excel). I was trying to figure out when will we have all the techs required for space race (~450k adjusted beakers to go).

I adjusted for SoL, a period without Bureaucracy, Representation and Golden Ages separately. Everything else like further great persons was included in a constant growth rate (per turn, growth is based on more tiles, better multipliers etc.). I assumed that nobody knows the techs we are researching and that we go with the direct route (mostly possible, flight probably the most important diversion).

2 % Growth rate --> We have all the techs we need ~EOT257
1.5 % Growth rate --> We have all the techs we need ~EOT267
1 % Growth rate --> We have all the techs we need ~EOT280

At this point I would work with the assumption that if everything goes well we have everything we need at around T260-265. Add some turns for the completion of remaining parts and travel time and we might reach space ~T280/285? This is all very rough and I'll adjust the model as we get closer and get more data reg our progress. I can send you OH my analysis. I'm doing this because I think having a rough guess of the timings is more useful than just playing in the dark. I think I'll do at some point a preliminary tech path so that we get estimated timings for e.g. Destroyers, Tanks, Plastics etc.. tongue
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

After a bit more testing and benchmarking I'm becoming more conservative and lean more towards the 1 % growth rate, in practise it means reaching 3000 bpt at T215, 4000 bpt at T240, 5000 bpt at T260 and finishing space related techs ~T278. That's already kind of ambitious, let's see.. tongue
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Great idea! bow (Quiet day in the office? wink)

Looking at our upcoming techs it looks like Biology is the only one to give a major push to the economy in general, with Assembly Line giving a boost to hammers and Communism probably not the best option for us on this map. Everything else seems to be for warfare or spaceflight (or just crap - I'm looking at you Medicine)... Because of that I agree - unless we make some major land gains - 1% or 2% sounds a reasonable growth rate.

I like your Infantry plan, but I'd like to build the Ironworks in Zucchini once SoL is done and some dry docks ASAP, so Steel appeals (once we get the max known tech bonus - an interesting note for lurkers is that we'll be getting 72% known tech bonus on RP next turn eek).

Once we have Rifling and a decent standing army I think our biggest risk is someone bee-lining Destroyers and doing to us what we did to dtay. They need to get Sci Meth, Physics, Steel, Steam Power, Railroad, Combustion and Artillery (or ignore Steam Power, Railroad and Combustion and just buy oil from someone).

With that in mind we could hit Steam Power and Assembly Line and produce a bunch of Infantry and then:
1. Take the battle to our opponents before they get to Artillery, or
2. Draft them to Artillery using known tech bonus to make things cheaper for us, allowing us to save enough cash to upgrade our boats the minute we get the tech - we could use cheaper techs (Drama, Divine Right) to overflow enough beakers to 1-turn techs the turn after our opponents get them - or
3. Try to get to Battleships at the same time they get Destroyers crazyeye. (That's Sci Meth, Physics, Electricity, Industrialization and then we need oil or Steel-Railroad-Combustion as well - although maybe someone will sell us oil - we only need it for one turn to upgrade our fleet...)

I'll go have a look at the spreadsheet now.

Hmm, I keep spamming.. I calculated our historical growth rates for this game (how fast our break-even beakers per turn rate grows).

Over the entire game: 2.9 % per turn
Last 50 turns: 3.9 %
Last 30 turns: 2.7 %
Last 20 turns: 2.3 %
Last 10 turns: 3.7 %

Regardless of what 20-turn period I look during the last 100 turns our growth rate has been way above that 1 % that I assumed previously. Of course we have already reached a lot of important economic breakthroughs and keeping up the pace becomes harder (unless we get easy conquests etc.), but maybe we can still reach an earlier date..

Ok, now I'm done.. neenerneener mischief smoke
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Whats your base bpt at now? (If you werent in a ga?)

(January 21st, 2015, 11:05)Ceiliazul Wrote: Whats your base bpt at now? (If you werent in a ga?)

Pretty close to 2000 nod
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Aaaand I can't stop spamming here today so let's write quickly the rough timeline reg our preliminary plans. Timings are of course somewhat non-exact, especially as I can't log in due to turn split.

T184: We completed Theology
T185: We complete Replaceable Parts
T186: I think we should be easily able to 1-turn Rifling here
T190: Last turn of GA. We switch into Representation, Nationhood + Theocracy and complete Steam Power. We draft some rifles, but only in cities that will be able to draft twice more during the next 20 turns
T193: Statue of Liberty is built
T196: We complete Assembly Line
T197-202: Major round of infantry drafting and mobilization, we complete Steel and get some cannons to join the fun
~T203: War against Dreylin or pindicator (or dtay invasion) starts, (we complete Railroad?)
~T210: Our 3rd GA starts, last rounds of drafting before we return from Nationhood into Bureaucracy (we could have e.g. Sci Meth and Physics at this point)

War plans are all still very preliminary and we need to discuss with OH about them. However, I feel that early Infantry and a wave of drafting is the fastest way to get us more land and improve our defenses. And why? Because warfare is fun + I think we have to get more land so that we can beat BGN. Currently our economy is stronger, but that won't be the case when he backfills Corporation and consolidates his new land.

At least I'm here with popcorn In 25 turns I expect us to have won a war. Now OH, please execute. whip mischief
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3