As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Soooo...looks like New! Phi is definitely being felt in these later eras for golden ages.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(January 26th, 2015, 18:30)Commodore Wrote: Soooo...looks like New! Phi is definitely being felt in these later eras for golden ages.

In another edition of "blind man's elephant", I charted the traits by descending order of score. Average value for each trait (lower is better):

Imp: 10.2
Exp: 12.7
Phi: 15.2
Cre: 16.5
Pro: 17.0
Fin: 17.7
Org: 18.2
Agg: 19.1
Spi: 19.2
Ind: 19.6
Cha: 29.0

Dead folks counted in order of elimination. There's a lot of factors at play, and with a sample size of one game- even a monster game- this is just a curiosity... Imp looks srsly strong, for example. The one that stands out is CHA, with only one remaining representative (Sorry jojo, you picked a pro/chm victim, Churchill might as well have a rattle on his tail.)

Phi does seem to be making a difference though, the dead guys dragging that score down never had a chance to make it pay off. Those leaders were playing with a null trait throughout their role in this game.

Edit: added stuff. I have a problem...

If you further limit the sample to living players only, the results are:

Phi: 5.0
Fin: 8.0
Exp: 9.2
Ind: 9.3
Imp: 10.4
Cre: 11.7
Spi: 12.0
Pro: 14.2
Agg: 14.6
Org: 15.3
Cha: 21.0

The data is officially a gaggle of anecdotes at this point, but still. CHA sucks here.

Here's the remaining trait count:
Cre: 6
Imp, exp, phi, agg: 5
Org, ind: 4
Phi, fin, spi: 3
Chm: 1

K, imma go see a doc now. Thxbye

So why is PHI better here than in normal games? Edit: I just don't think golden ages or rushing a single wonder (Kremlin is so good it's worthwhile to let an engineer idle for 100+ turns so phi is overkill) cuts it.

Super-late edit: I've found out that this game is being played on a mod so the above is just wrong.

(February 4th, 2015, 22:11)Ceiliazul Wrote: Yuri and AT are a media blackout warzone[...]
...lurker civilization password is "lurk". tongue
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(February 5th, 2015, 09:39)Commodore Wrote:
(February 4th, 2015, 22:11)Ceiliazul Wrote: Yuri and AT are a media blackout warzone[...]
...lurker civilization password is "lurk". tongue

Im not civvable these days, like at all. But if lyoure volunteering to report, thatd be sweet! popcorn

Yuris

AT

Code of laws on t192? Man, those lurkers suck at civ!

BGN thinking that Krill wouldn't get pissed the fuck off blowing up a huge stack makes him not deserving to win this game. It might actually be the best play but the attitude that BGN displayed here is weak and wishful thinking and shows that he was more lucky than good.

(February 15th, 2015, 09:09)Old Harry Wrote: Something else I thought we should consider, given the cultural pressure on the shrine, is that Pindi's shrine city will be out of action for ten turns due to anarchy and we have a Great Artist. Hinduism is covering 24% of the world, we have 3 civ's worth of cities, there were 33 civs at the start of the game, so there are likely to be 50*33/3 = 550 cities on the map. This means an income of about 135 gpt before multipliers. If we suppose there is a bank in there that's 2000 gold lost to those ten turns of anarchy. Is that worth using our artist and delaying our next golden age for? Can you face re-calculating the GP points again? neenerneener

(February 12th, 2015, 00:45)pindicator Wrote: Take a look at this city! smile

[Image: pb18%20-%20turn196%20-%20muirthemne.JPG]

Pretty good math. That culture map will look downright bizarre after two different civs conquer and bomb it. Not sure how much progress FinHarry will make unmolested though... dtay will be keen to burn the shrine if he can.

Also, Krill's rage is so fickle it's funny. Especially compared to his own willingness to stab a fork in anyone who can't stand in his way at that moment. In this case I think he overreacted to FinHarry's "treason" and BGN is fully deserving of a game-long vendetta. I agree with MJW completely... but it's still funny to see mister Black-and-White blast red intentions at different people in such a short time.

(February 16th, 2015, 01:08)Ceiliazul Wrote: Also, Krill's rage is so fickle it's funny. Especially compared to his own willingness to stab a fork in anyone who can't stand in his way at that moment. In this case I think he overreacted to FinHarry's "treason" and BGN is fully deserving of a game-long vendetta. I agree with MJW completely... but it's still funny to see mister Black-and-White blast red intentions at different people in such a short time.

Definitely!

FinHarry enabled Krill to gain, and then stopped right about when he was stuck anyway. If anything, he should still be grateful to them - it's not like they profited except by knocking Dtay down a couple pegs. He may not have gained as much as he wanted, but that's not their fault. Like if Santa brought me underwear instead of the air rifle I asked for - it's still a gift

BGN, meanwhile, directly damaged Krill, both tactically and strategically. He deserves the anger (well, assuming Krill sticks to war and doesn't actually gift his whole income to TBS). I think on balance it was a mistake. Mad Krill is a bad neighbor - but Hopeful Krill can be deterred.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker