As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

I cannot post this in "that" thread because just saying something happened is a spoiler. But the bad map and the BGN+Krill situation will cause enough drama to make more than enough interest; even if 33 players in Civ4 doesn't.

popcorn

Edit: If someone asks me directly I'll answer by saying that "something happened" and it's a spoiler.

Edit 2: Not worth it's own post but Krill's point about why the game hasn't ended is very likely true. When I started lurking I thought the game would crash and burn in three months but it looks like it's going to last around 1.5 to two years.

Edit 3: 33 players could work if the players are handpicked but that didn't happen here.

Edit 4: OH plans to launch the SS in around 40 turns so this game will finish and Xenu might actually live until the end of the game due to only really having to hang on for 20 turns because in the last 20 turns his cities don't have enough time to pay out at all.

Someone has to go prod BGN to see if he's okay. Also this does not count as diplomacy so the lurkers shouldn't do anything from that angle. Now that's out of the way...

Now, this is drama! popcorn (Bold by me).

(March 26th, 2015, 19:02)Krill Wrote: I've spoken to Xenu about it; as admin and his brother it seemed the fairest thing to do. I really am concerned for his mental state right now and wouldn't want him to do something stupid where it actually mattered.

Sufficed to say that BGN thinks I'm trolling him and that I should be a nice little...no, I can't write it. He thinks that he should get his own way just because.

I replied in a manner that was intended to make him more furious, because fuck that, I'm not his keeper.

Quote:Someone has to go prod BGN to see if he's okay. Also this does not count as diplomacy so the lurkers shouldn't do anything from that angle. Now that's out of the way...

The more relevant part of this is here:

Quote:I've spoken to Xenu about it; as admin and his brother it seemed the fairest thing to do.

I don't think any lurker need step in. Xenu is far better placed to judge it, even though he's not spoilered, and I don't see any real gain in lurkers poking their noses in.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I'm sure "Mr. ItrolltheGreektillwearebothdead" is the right man here.

It is sad that this game get decided because of 1 player handing out the win.

Compare dtay's reaction and way to play after his dream got shattered to Krill.

I wasn't passing judgement on Krills actions. Nor would I - IMO both players actions and approaches were understandable. You can agree or disagree as you will, but it's pretty clear where they came from.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(March 27th, 2015, 07:03)Qgqqqqq Wrote: I wasn't passing judgement on Krills actions. Nor would I - IMO both players actions and approaches were understandable. You can agree or disagree as you will, but it's pretty clear where they came from.

I can understand being upset at BGN. I can understand going tilt and make it a real war. But this gift units everywhere, hand the game to OH and so on I really dislike. And then he goes and make such posts "BGN could have finished during may but now we have to play much longer" and "I'm concerned over his health".

More and more I realize that these games between players are rarely different from how AI diplo works (especially with, well, AI diplo). Visualizing in-game modifiers like "you declared war on us!" between certain players is surprisingly easy, and they play a big effect. lol

(April 8th, 2015, 18:19)Krill Wrote: It's trivial to kill the city. It's also trivial to defend it.

I'm just not going to say how.

I'll likely do the rest of the cities tomorrow when I fix my glasses again. I also hope to give another explanation about how to view end game races. But the tl;Dr is BGN screwed up.

All we have to do is put warriors on every square to prevent commando landings... but I still hope the lurks die, just for the novelty of it. It's not like we're doing anything with that city. (It would have to be razed, of course)

As far as BGN screwed up, well yes. BGN had this game in the bag on t100 and again on t180, and might still pull it off. But I hope that Krill doesn't get into his head that his actions caused Boldly to lose. BGN has said from early on that he is playing turn by turn with no real planning...

(April 2nd, 2015, 18:29)The Black Sword Wrote:

(March 24th, 2015, 19:13)The Black Sword Wrote: My ETA is around T[265], roughly 50t away.

I don't think that's going to be fast enough against the Aztec scientists, or against the Russian factories... but I hope I'm wrong!

Why would it have to be razed? It's got gold mines, doesn't it?

Also, not sure what you mean with commandos - isn't it protected by ice? Can submarines carry people in this? My thought was paratroopers...