As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

If it's not okay to kill the lurkers; we can just move the warriors out to stop a paradrop.

The Lurker Civ is stopping a settlement on some island Q but if I remember correctly minimum distance rules don't apply if you are on separate landmasses.

They don't.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I think the problem is not about distance between cities, but that it's inside the lurker city's culture

Okay; thanks Q.

(April 10th, 2015, 03:43)AdrienIer Wrote: I think the problem is not about distance between cities, but that it's inside the lurker city's culture

And I take it you cannot settle anyway Civ3 style to solve the problem?

I'm pretty sure you can't settle a city in someone else's culture

(April 10th, 2015, 07:44)AdrienIer Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can't settle a city in someone else's culture

Yup only way they can get a city there (short of taking the lurker civ out) is to gift the lurker civ a settler, have the lurker civ settle the city and then gift it back. I don't think it'll work well though, lurker civ hasn't been very active with diplomacy this game and its probably the only reason they aren't winning.
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."

(April 10th, 2015, 18:34)Dantski Wrote:
(April 10th, 2015, 07:44)AdrienIer Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can't settle a city in someone else's culture

Yup only way they can get a city there (short of taking the lurker civ out) is to gift the lurker civ a settler, have the lurker civ settle the city and then gift it back. I don't think it'll work well though, lurker civ hasn't been very active with diplomacy this game and its probably the only reason they aren't winning.

City gifting is banned in this game. I suppose the lurker civ could hold it until the city grows or the border pops so it doesn't auto-raze.

I really don't think anyone would get up in arms at the lurker civ for city gifting lol
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(April 10th, 2015, 18:07)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(April 10th, 2015, 16:34)Krill Wrote:
(April 10th, 2015, 12:37)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Every day she asks me how much longer it's going to continue. I can't say I blame her, it's been a loooooonnnnngggggg game.

smoke

Fuck you, man.

This is meaningless because of the "chat" that BGN and Krill had earlier but it could start something.

Wow, FinHarry declared and bombed dtay without much pretext or concern for dtays response. Something like that would piss me off, I wonder if dtay has the energy for this game to get angry. If he does, all he really has to do is stay at war with team badass and it makes their long border harder to protect and Tbs harder to reach.

Mad props to Tbs stealing the Eiffel tower, that was some sweet micro.

(April 27th, 2015, 03:08)Fintourist Wrote: I guess what I'm saying is that I would not be too worried about the situation if it were just us and TBS, but the fact is that we have a long border with dtay, who we screwed, and BGN, who surely would like to win himself

At this stage you can screw yourself big time with one careless move.. In this sense I think we have an advantage, because trying to defend all the possible angles is generally more difficult than making sure that your attacking stack does not get wiped out.. :P