As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Played the lurker turn, took some screenshots for fun and analysis.

The scene of the crime(s):

Edit: In retrospect, those graphs in the same color as my name look dreadfully familiar in their placement, even if they're the wrong color. lol bang

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(May 13th, 2015, 19:42)Gaspar Wrote: I would normally call Commodore's comments a slight overstep but given the particulars of the game I think its fair that BGN realizes if he's not trying to win he's wasting a lot of peoples time.

+1

(May 13th, 2015, 19:46)Commodore Wrote:
(May 13th, 2015, 18:32)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Though, whilst it's better this way, the purist in me still doesn't approve of you persuading BGN to actually go for victory. It's a mite too far for a lurker, no matter the result, IMO.

Anyway, winner of this round is Commodore. Who saw that coming?
Remember that pitboss I won? PB8? Where I perfectly judged the morale of Pindicooter in their island retreat and broke their spirits then conquered them and snowballed to victory?

Oops, no, that didn't happen, they were cheered forward by encouraging lurkers. shhh

Seriously, though, just didn't want to have the irrelevants be held hostage for months.

Lurker cheers were simply white noise that game. To die in glory and honor: That is the Zulu way!

Edit;: IMO you can cheer someone on but if they're not into the game I don't think it's going to make a lot of difference. You might be able to help them through a rough patch but not sustain them over months to complete a game. BGN has to be enjoying himself on some level to want to keep on keeping on
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Do defensive packs override the unbreakable peace? Krill can just wait and then declare though... I think OH will just win because everyone other than BGN is too far behind but he isn't showing full commitment to the game and you need that with over 100 cities. scared

Getting your coastal cities razed to avoid Commando strikes later... Man, TBS is a military mastermind.

The lurkers kicked off a GA? Well ... I revolted into better civics.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

We got an event!

[Image: T248-LurkersEvent.JPG]

I have a feeling those citizens won't feel so secure when the paratroopers drop by...mischief

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(June 25th, 2015, 13:48)GermanJoey Wrote: Got my first GS this turn... I hope to get two more in the next 10 turns or so, with the goal of eventually triple-bulbing Laser for Mobile Artillery, which are probably the most bullshit unit in the entire game. I still need Industrialism, Satellites, and Plastics though... might not actually have time to get there, if TBS's estimate was accurate. We'll see!

What estimate would that be? huh

(June 25th, 2015, 14:01)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(June 25th, 2015, 13:48)GermanJoey Wrote: Got my first GS this turn... I hope to get two more in the next 10 turns or so, with the goal of eventually triple-bulbing Laser for Mobile Artillery, which are probably the most bullshit unit in the entire game. I still need Industrialism, Satellites, and Plastics though... might not actually have time to get there, if TBS's estimate was accurate. We'll see!

What estimate would that be? huh
Joey has empathic powers, it's how he detects Old Harry's powerful hate-rays.

Or else...
(June 23rd, 2015, 00:45)GermanJoey Wrote: I tried asking (with AI diplo ofc, so who knows what he thinks I was asking) how many turns he expects to hit 3 legendaries, and he replied 20...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I think TBS mentioned something about this message in his thread too.