As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Thanks Xenu.

I paused the game with about 8 hours left btw, I think dtay was still to play too. I'm going to need a bit of time over this turn to get back up to speed.

8:33 on the clock, dtay and TBS to play. Just confirming that the server window hasn't crashed, so this should still be reachable.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Are we going to get notifications when turns roll?
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Not unless whoever plays last says so here. I didn't set up the pitboss portal stuff because going to the beach today was a lot more fun. smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Is it safe to say this game should resume when Caledorn sets it up again? I find it impossible to follow without the tracker, since actually connecting to the game nearly requires committing an afternoon. lol

The turn will roll if/when TBS and dtay end turn. How long did it take you to connect?

(June 1st, 2015, 09:55)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: The turn will roll if/when TBS and dtay end turn. How long did it take you to connect?

I just logged in to try it. Took me four minutes. 8:30h remaining, game is paused.

That doesn't seem much longer than when I last logged in on Cal's server to play the lurker turn.

I'm just saying that compared to the usual workflow (check the tracker, see if I need to play), having to load mod + load the game repeatedly to check turn status is going to be very tedious for anyone unsure if the turn has even rolled, let alone anyone who is expecting to maintain a turn order.

(June 1st, 2015, 14:34)WilliamLP Wrote: I'm just saying that compared to the usual workflow (check the tracker, see if I need to play), having to load mod + load the game repeatedly to check turn status is going to be very tedious for anyone unsure if the turn has even rolled, let alone anyone who is expecting to maintain a turn order.

Agreed, but this shouldn't be an issue. How about this: dtay/TBS PYFT* ( neenerneener ). When you play, post here. When the turn rolls, please post that. Players in a turn split, please post when the first half player has played.

I'm guessing that things will be repaired before we need to go much further than this.

*Kidding. I don't mind the break if you guys don't get to it immediately.