As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

We have the Railgun of Retaliation, the Reload if need be.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(June 26th, 2015, 12:57)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: We have the Railgun of Retaliation, the Reload if need be.
Do it. It's been boring lately and we workers must have drama! dancing

popcorn

(June 26th, 2015, 11:59)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: So...do you guys think we should let Krill kill the lurker civ? Or should we prevent the paratroopers from being able to drop by covering those tiles next to the city? Both are dick moves, but...lol popcorn

Q said that this wouldn't work.

Edit: His solution would be to have krill give the settler to the lurker civ and then have the lurker civ give the city.

When you think about it, this Aztec-NA war is quite apocalyptical, something that Bomber Harris would appreciate. The land is destroyed, people are starving to death due to farms being bombed, but despite that the resistance still holds in the ruins of a civilization.

(June 26th, 2015, 16:52)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(June 26th, 2015, 11:59)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: So...do you guys think we should let Krill kill the lurker civ? Or should we prevent the paratroopers from being able to drop by covering those tiles next to the city? Both are dick moves, but...lol popcorn

Edit: His solution would be to have krill give the settler to the lurker civ and then have the lurker civ give the city.

Did I?

Let him kill us, I say. There's not that much need for it, it's vaguely amusing, and in the age of bombers and espionage abundance, we could always just login as one of the main players and take a gander.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(June 26th, 2015, 18:17)Qgqqqqq Wrote:
(June 26th, 2015, 16:52)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:

Did I?

Let him kill us, I say. There's not that much need for it, it's vaguely amusing, and in the age of bombers and espionage abundance, we could always just login as one of the main players and take a gander.

Post #672? I probably misread. If it's stoppable then xenu should be the one to decide if Krill is to kill us because he's the only one other than Gawdzak to play lurker civ for a long time and Gawdzak is AWOL.

That was my solution, but I never said anything about what Xenu said wouldn't work. If we cover the tiles, they won't be able to drop in, and if we don't, they can kill us.

I think we should let them kill us. Do we even have units we can move to stop it happening?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I haven't played that many lurker turns. Ruff and Mardoc have both played recent turns, probably more than I have. Not that that's a qualifier of anything. The lurker civ should live as long it's useful, not holding things up, or whatever we the lurker brigade decide. It was understood that little pittance of land would be out of play for the rest of the players. If Krill wants to have fun and kill us with paratroopers that's fine, but I'm just going to reload after he's had his fun unless someone points out a good reason why we just ought to let the lurker civ go by the boards. It's mostly a matter of what we agreed to in the game, not that it matters at all at this point for the reasons Q mentioned.

The thing I'm most curious about now is the mechanics of whether or not putting a unit on each tile will keep the paratroopers from being able to land. Unless someone can answer it I'm pretty well determined now to log back in and block off the tiles to find out....if we have any units to do it with.lol

Edit: Crossposted with Q. I'm curious so I'm going to log in to find out!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

We have enough units to cover the island. This sounds like a great topic to post a poll for. lol

Poll is up, vote! Polls close whenever my side has the majority. wink