As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

EitB v12 Wishlist/Progress

True that. The event obviously harms elves more that others.

Smoke is also created by teh Fire 1 spell

(July 6th, 2015, 06:34)DaveV Wrote: Q: do Monks really start with Mobility 2, so 3 moves?

Currently, monks have 2 base moves, and if you're spiritual they come with a third (from mobility 1). Post-v12, they will have one base move, but start with mobility II (so effectively two base moves) and have a third if spiritual.

The point of this is to motivate upgrading monks to priests.

On smoke, I think I basically agree with what you said. It's super annoying, but is it any worse than a jungle growth? And it's not disadvantaging elves so much as removing an advantage - a normal civ would need mining after all.

So I don't think its worth hunting down.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

ah, so this is to make Monk-Priests just as fast as regular monks, eh?

Should the monk start with a monk-specific promotion, to allow for monk-specific things?

(which, in turn, would also be passed onto the priests it becomes, as most promotions go)

What monk-specific things?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

eh ... like Damage reistance (diamond skin), spell resistance (iron will), extra first strikes perhaps .... stuff like that.

stuff that requires a (promoted) Monk to achieve = leveled monk.

We already have a handful of hero-specific promotions, granted the hero ones are a bit more powerful.

I'm not introducing any of that stuff.

So, I'm doing the Crusade Towns now. For those who don't remember, this is a change to the Demagog Crusade mechanic that changes it so that the Demagogs arrive at a set rate, from Bannor Towns (working title) that improve to Towns and then instantly produce a Demagog and demote back to Bannor Towns.

The question is, how long should it take Bannor Towns to promote to Towns?

Currently, Village->Town is 40t, and at 20% chance per turn, another 5t. However, FT affects this, but there's also the fact that that delays the first salvo by a bit (because before the first, they're only going so what sounds like a good number? A round 50t (25 with FT)? Less? More?

50 turns sounds like a reasonable start point to me, adjusted up or down based on playtesting.

Bob reminded me about the Esus changes proposed in the Paring thread, which I'd forgotten about. It's a bit haphazard, and never really forms into a cohesive option, so how about the following as a consolidated change:

*Extort removed

*Nightwatch now available at Archery (still require Esus). Now come with 3/2 base strength (+2 poison; can use metal weapons), and the Marksman and Guardsman promotions (in addition to what they already have), cost 120h.

[Stats I'm not sure about, can be changed. Especially cost - compare to assassins(/Champions) at 120h, who are faster but slightly weaker on the defense and without Guardsman or HN.]

*Shadowriders now available at Stirrups (still require Esus). Now come with (the same stats as HA but also with) +1 poison strength, and do collateral damage up to a maximum of 25% (?), cost 180h.

[Not sure about the collateral damage limit/factor, or how much it'll matter. Need feedback.]

*Shadows can now cast the Escape spell.

[Why not? Gives them another cool feature when they're relatively bland as-is. Unlikely to have real effect, but still.]

Also, probably won't be implemented in v12 because of time investment:
*Religion-specific Priests and Heroes don't abandon you when you go into Esus

Thoughts? These are all simple changes from a coding perspective, so I plan on implementing a version of it in v12.