As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Is it the right move for BGN to be trying to hurt TBS's culture attempt? Isn't his only shot for FinHarry to slow themselves down massively to stop TBS, allowing BGN to close the tech gap?

(or are we just setting ourselves up for the BGN push to FinHarry's capital once the spaceship launches? popcorn )

(July 10th, 2015, 17:49)Cheater Hater Wrote: Is it the right move for BGN to be trying to hurt TBS's culture attempt? Isn't his only shot for FinHarry to slow themselves down massively to stop TBS, allowing BGN to close the tech gap?

(or are we just setting ourselves up for the BGN push to FinHarry's capital once the spaceship launches? popcorn )

I don't think BGN can win anymore so the logic things to do:

1. Give TBS or OT the win. He doesn't have to gold gift or anything like that because a DoW is good enough.

2. DoW Krill and/or GL for screwing him over.

3. Try and finish in the best possible position. Someone didn't accept a defensive pack with Krill so he could DoW him to pick up as much territory as possible.

4. Press end turn to save his time. I think he's doing this but not admitting it to himself. The root cause of this is not a failure of BGN but the fact nothing is pushing him to #1-3.

On a different note I think gold gifting should have be banned in this game and games like this. Nothing really happened with that though...

Although dtay is completely within his rights to do all he can to make OH lose as revenge for OH previously pulling him back to the pack in their previous brutal war, I don't like that this attack basically gives the game to TBS if it wasn't his already.

Even if OH previously had enough time to slow the culture win before this, I just don't see how it'll work now having to sail through hostile waters to do it. Spies aboard submarines to deliver to TBS's shores? But I expect dtay will still be able to spot and sink them.

After I rolled the turn I grabbed F8, as OH had finished a few more spaceship parts.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(July 10th, 2015, 19:42)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Although dtay is completely within his rights to do all he can to make OH lose as revenge for OH previously pulling him back to the pack in their previous brutal war, I don't like that this attack basically gives the game to TBS if it wasn't his already.
Well imo, the more drama the better. dancing

I think that it's fine. He has definite casus belli, I don't think he's doing it to kingmake as much as revenge. So sure, the result may be less exciting, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Really, you could almost say the same of BGN movements, or any player at all interfering - Joey, say. I don't think any of them are out of line.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

OH did destroy dtays chances of winning way back then so dtay has all the right in the world to repay their kindness.

BGN has been supporting OH more than trying to win for himself the last 20-30 turns which I really don't get the reason why but it is still his right to do so.

I think the amount of gold Joey will be gifting tbs will be excessive if it continues at the current rate. We have a tradition of not allowing that kind of thing, it's really cheesy. It isn't defensible as part of a trade now because the loan has been repaid in full. As far as I know we set the game up with vassals off. If Joey wants tbs to win, fine, great, but funding his culture push is too much intervention IMO.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Well, BGN gift of alluminium to OH should be cancelled too, in that case. He's helping OH finish date the same as GJ is helping TBS, in a "for free" trade that doesn't extend to all the other civs.

If you bring it up to Joey, are you prepared to not rock the boat as his post-ragequit sub?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(July 13th, 2015, 17:54)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I think the amount of gold Joey will be gifting tbs will be excessive if it continues at the current rate. We have a tradition of not allowing that kind of thing, it's really cheesy. It isn't defensible as part of a trade now because the loan has been repaid in full. As far as I know we set the game up with vassals off. If Joey wants tbs to win, fine, great, but funding his culture push is too much intervention IMO.

As I said before, gold-gifting isn't even hinted at in the rules. So banning it is changing the rules in the middle of the match which gives Joey an unbreakable defense. Now the rules were already changed by allowing lurkers to play multiple civs and just defend but that's not enough.