As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Sorry to hear that William, I hope you're just making an oblique reference to rbmod being Civ 4.5... alright

I played the lurker turn and paused the game when I logged out. Under five hours to go with TBS to end turn, and dtay and BGN to play. BGN is on a flight this afternoon so he may not get to it tonight if he doesn't play before he leaves. Tomorrow is also a travel day so availability will be unlikely for both of us tomorrow.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I've played my turn. Paused.

I've had some change of plans tonight, I'm going to pause for myself now. I'll probably still be able to play tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest.

I left it paused with 4h:52 left.

In light of pause above I didn't hurry to play. Will play sometime in the morning.

Really sorry about taking so long, I kept getting pulled away as I was playing the turn. Paused for BGN.

(July 19th, 2015, 10:16)The Black Sword Wrote: Really sorry about taking so long, I kept getting pulled away as I was playing the turn. Paused for BGN.

Thanks. I'm out of town this week and having to install civ on a second laptop since the primary laptop has gone away. The download speeds here in the redneck hinterlands are not great but I'm working on the issue. Sorry for holding you guys up.

Many hours later I have completed the download only to have the same error message that precipitated the full re-install this morning. I am not sure what to do now other than request a lurker to play my turn. For what it's worth, vanilla CIV loads up properly but BTS gets to Init Engine (Init Audio--> Init Python --> Init XML (uncached) --> Init Engine <dies>) and crashes. It never makes it to Init Fonts like vanilla Civ does.

Any idea on which folder "Init Engine" would read from so I can even try to sort out the problem? I really don't think a second re-installation is going to do much.

(July 19th, 2015, 18:25)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Many hours later I have completed the download only to have the same error message that precipitated the full re-install this morning. I am not sure what to do now other than request a lurker to play my turn. For what it's worth, vanilla CIV loads up properly but BTS gets to Init Engine (Init Audio--> Init Python --> Init XML (uncached) --> Init Engine <dies>) and crashes. It never makes it to Init Fonts like vanilla Civ does.

Any idea on which folder "Init Engine" would read from so I can even try to sort out the problem? I really don't think a second re-installation is going to do much.

More problem-solving has proven fruitless, including the always an answer "restarting the computer". Same problem as before, crash at Init Engine.

Who is willing to sub for me for a turn?