As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB27 Signup Thread

I'm signing up again, retep will be my teammate.

Yep lets see how this go popcorn

Current signup list:

Player list:
1. Commodore
2. Krill
3. Yuri
4. AdreinIer
5. R.E.M.
6. Dtay
7. Donovan Zoi
8. OldFinHarryTours
9. TBS
10. Gavagai
11. Ichabod + RETEP THE GAME ENDER
12. Serdoa
13. Molach
14. Automated Teller
15. HAK(and Mindy!)
16. Grimace
17. CheaterHater
18. Elkad
19. TheWannabe
20. Agent427
21. Haram
22. NylesStandish
23. von Adlercreutz
24. Barteq
25. Plako
26. Tasunke, if he gets natneg to work

Do you know if we need a lurker civ or are we going to use Novice's observer mode? Is that integrated into the latest version of the mod?

You've got Plako in there too somewhere...I was assuming with Gavagai though.

Observer mode would be ideal, if doable.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I'm number 10 in the list. Plako is missing, yeah.

Woops, thanks, fixed.

IIRC signups end tonight.

I don't think I actually signed up here. Anyone care to summarise the settings and I'll make a decision?

Some random points:

-Banter thread? Ceil did a heroic job of lurking PB18 but forum interaction was still very low for the first 100t. Banter thread could be fun. People should make an effort not to use it for diplo but accept that comments will give people information that they wouldn't otherwise have.

-Allow people to swap combos? Only full combos, not individual civs/leaders to max synergy. Personally, I'd like to play Ind, despite it obviously being crap in such a game, since I haven't done so yet.

-Late game turnsplits with air bombing are quite unfair to the person in the first slot IMO. Allow the person in that slot to change city micro and workers after the second person has played.

Oh, sorry TBS, I had just copy/pasted the list from a few pages ago and then added the people who had signed up since then. I'll send out a PM tomorrow morning confirming signup to everyone in that list. In response to your questions:

- Game will be RtR mod 3.0.0.1 or 2.0.7.6; Brick and I are making the map; it will be "Toroidal wrap but with Actual Geography" and any details beyond that you'll have to discover for yourself; I'm not sure if a consensus has been reached on map trading; Game slated to begin as soon as PB18 ends.

- Regarding swapping combos... hmmm. I dunno, it seems like it would be like allowing diplo even before the game began, and then there's things like keeping a highly desired civ/leader just for trade value (e.g. Inca). But, maybe we could allow something like, if you reject your first civ/leader pair, then you can use up both of your next two pairs in order to guarantee that your next combo will contain one specific trait that you want? How do people feel about this?

- Banter thread: this one is above my paygrade, I think... lol I don't have any experience here of playing a game with a banter thread, so I don't know how well these end up working out.