As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Technically the poll now shows majority support for letting the lurker city be razed...

Is TBS doing counterespionage missions? It should be trivial to get the spys to conquered dtay cities and as far as I understand it's his only way to defend his victory project actively ATM
Would also be interested to hear the answer from TBS post game.

(July 30th, 2015, 16:01)Miguelito Wrote: Is TBS doing counterespionage missions? It should be trivial to get the spys to conquered dtay cities and as far as I understand it's his only way to defend his victory project actively ATM

Counterespionage was removed in this version of the mod, IIRC.

I've read somewhere that in case victory happens at the same time the person who's first in turn order wins (when the game checks that someone has won it ends right away and the person first in turn-order gets checked first.) That's really silly but not using that rule is changing the rules in the middle of the match and if TBS doesn't request it going back on top of that is just too much. So it GJ gifts that artist TBS wins and if not he loses. This assumes that OT knows that TBS is not going for fastest finish but being finish just before the spaceship.

If two players hit their victory conditions on the same turn I'd call them both winners, turn order be damned.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(July 30th, 2015, 17:00)Ichabod Wrote:
(July 30th, 2015, 16:01)Miguelito Wrote: Is TBS doing counterespionage missions? It should be trivial to get the spys to conquered dtay cities and as far as I understand it's his only way to defend his victory project actively ATM

Counterespionage was removed in this version of the mod, IIRC.
Why was that--was it just assumed that increasing the cost of missions/removing some of the deductions would make up for it?

Who launched? Anyone else close to victory? Will this get nail biting ... or totally boring?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(July 31st, 2015, 07:43)Ruff_Hi Wrote: Who launched? Anyone else close to victory? Will this get nail biting ... or totally boring?

Finharry launched. BGN is a few turns behind and doesn't seem to be making an attempt to stop them. TBS is the challenger via culture, but he's taking pretty heavy sabotage from both OH & BGN. Joey may play kingmaker if he gives another Artist to TBS. Lots of Lurker froth about gifted Great People and also whether or not to let krill kill our city.

Nail biting ... in a totally boring, we'll be here for another month, kind of way.

Thx Dreylin. I totally understand the 'hurry up and wait' style of play here.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(July 31st, 2015, 08:03)Dreylin Wrote: Joey may play kingmaker if he gives another Artist to TBS.

This won't be an issue now, as Joey generated a GE elsewhere. I'm not 100% sure what he did with it, but he did complete Hollywood on the next turn, so he may have rushed it to completion. Anyway, with that great person being generated it increased the counter for Sledding and now it can't fill its GP pool before the game will end.

For reference, four turns ago the next great person was due from Sledding in 6 turns, or two turns from now. I don't know if Joey could have delayed the GE he generated, or if he was making an effort one way or the other, but this is now a moot point.

However, Krill still has his great artist hanging around near TBS's capital, within easy reach of any of the CV cities. Maybe Krill just likes the idea of holding Damocles' sword, even if he decides not to let it drop. noidea

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon