As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

greenline gets rushed and eliminated on turn whatever: Huyana Capac of Mali

turn 15: discovered pottery, selected bronze working (8t for now). worker began farming corn, done in four turns

[Image: pbem74-20.jpg]

why in the world is that gold and not silver?

(April 13th, 2016, 12:30)greenline Wrote: turn 15: discovered pottery, selected bronze working (8t for now). worker began farming corn, done in four turns

[Image: pbem74-20.jpg]

why in the world is that gold and not silver?

Mapmaker fun! Gold is more alluring. I would say the same about fp deer but that DOES spawn on Great Plains maps, along with FP cows and corn.

Gold is only more alluring if it's on a desert hill right next to a ton of floodplains. People are just unfairly biased against silver/gems because they spawn in tundra or jungle despite having the same yields as gold. The whole Civ 4 community is unfairly prejudiced against metals and I won't stand for it.

Gold and Silver are equal! Spread the word.

No silver is +4 commerce, gems 5 and gold 6. Plus it's a nicer colour.

Really? I never knew that. I guess the game devs really had it out for silver in this game.

turn 16: nothing much happened. scout still hasn't found much interesting, so here's a picture of my capital instead:

[Image: pbem74-21.jpg]

i wonder why picklepickl's score is so low. maybe he went for early BW to chop another worker at size 2? looks like everyone else is size 3 right now.

and here's what the warrior found this turn

[Image: pbem74-22.jpg]

even more gold? crazy. and really hard to decide where to put a city to use it best. I might have to just leave the furs in the third ring for one city, which is a bit of a shame since I want to hook those up sooner rather then later.

Remember different base terrain on tiles has an effect on how long improving the tile takes.

turn 17: scouting revealed nothing of interest. second worker will be done next turn. zzz

(April 14th, 2016, 12:12)ReallyEvilMuffin Wrote: Remember different base terrain on tiles has an effect on how long improving the tile takes.

That's true. I don't think there's a big difference between ice and tundra though.

(April 14th, 2016, 14:31)greenline Wrote: turn 17: scouting revealed nothing of interest. second worker will be done next turn. zzz

(April 14th, 2016, 12:12)ReallyEvilMuffin Wrote: Remember different base terrain on tiles has an effect on how long improving the tile takes.

That's true. I don't think there's a big difference between ice and tundra though.

Quick speed can make for strange changes to how long workers take if you aren't used to it due to rounding errors.

turn 18: finished second worker and corn farm, second worker starts cottaging a floodplain done in 4t. capital will grow to size 4 and finish another warrior in 2t

[Image: pbem74-23.jpg]

in the south, we find some tempting stone for our IND civ that is nullified by being in a completely terrible spot. by the time I settle a junk filler city on that island the stone will only be good for angkor wat

[Image: pbem74-24.jpg]

naturally this area is designed so it's impossible to avoid orphaning some food. At least the tundra hill deer is easy to pass up on.