As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

NATURE Realm

What are the 4 very rares that you have? Is this Extreme or Impossible? I was able to win with a Nature Summoner on Extreme in the last version, I thought it was pretty strong...

edit: I guess you're not using Heroes at all either? I did use Heroes too.

I've got some heroes, but no good items. Colossus, Behomoth, Great Wyrm, Herb Mastery, researching Regeneration. I got SUPER discouraged when I lost my colossus.

Man, I'm still scratching my head over that one. My experience is that Colossi are like, the overall strongest of all fantastic creatures. Except maybe Demon Lords I guess.

If you have trouble defending your cities, you should be researching combat spells, not overland spells.
Particularly entangle and call lightning.

Didn't get the option for those two sadly. Nah this was just me trying to play in a way that wasn't effective (using summons for everything, instead of supplementing with city troops for lots of things), plus the very specific enemy unit of doom drakes that nature happens to have a hard time with (best I can think of is web plus earth elemental? Even then its only a hard time, not impossible or anything, unless you handicap yourself in the overland map like I did), plus whatever happened to the colossus. The colossus is really the only thing I'm concerned about - the rest is just a failed experiment.

Why doesn't Change Terrain work on Tundra? The pragmatic answer would be that it would possibly be to strong (I'm not sure why - same could be said about deserts), but I don't see this exception as thematic. 

Of course you could say that with chaos and nature you might reach the level of universal terraformer - but that comes usually late and isn't guaranteed.

BTW, wouldn't it be fun to have a (nature or sorcery?) spell that converts water into land?

(January 23rd, 2017, 09:17)occasionalplayer Wrote: BTW, wouldn't it be fun to have a (nature or sorcery?) spell that converts water into land?

No, there was a mechanism added to split larger continents for a reason. Allowing the player to connect them anyway would break the AI again.

Tundra...idk why, but I like it this way.

I believe it doesn't work on tundra to avoid issues with the poles, since those tiles can be very buggy and you don't want the AI trying to interact with them.

A thought:

Giving an additional dimension/benefit to Nature's Awareness (like you did with Eternal Night, Tranquility) and increasing its cost:

*I suggest a +5 food per city to all cities you control and [optional] a growth/max population bonus (the latter may be redundant with another spell). It's really strange how nature realm doesn't have this kind of food thing.  
*Another idea is a global city production bonus in the 25-33% range, again fitting the theme of harvesting nature for own resources
*An optional added bonus given spell's title is granting pathfinding to all units you control.

-note: I still wonder if adding another dimension to holy arms (+ holy armor) at the cost of higher upkeep could work.

It would also be nice if resist elements (and/or) elemental armor (and/or) resist magic provides some defense to poison, maybe with a slight cost increase or slightly reduced effect There doesn't seem to be much in terms of early-mid spells to protect against poison

Holy Arms is Crusade except you can actually cast it before it is Spell-Blasted.

Resist Elements and Elemental Armor are already kinda overpowered. Wraith Form gives Poison Immunity, FWIW.