As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

DEATH Realm

Interesting, cancelling heroism does not make the unit lose the levels?
...well, I guess, yeah, fantastic units don't go through the level refreshing procedure, so they can't lose levels either.
This part (keeping the levels after the enchantment is lost) is not intended.
I guess adding a "if unit is fantastic and has no heroism, set level to 0" to the continuous effect procedure is necessary.

Depends. Do you intend to have regular levels count? In this case I'm getting ultra elite bonuses, which implies I'm getting the level of warlord; this in turn implies that regular level bonusesxeould count. Which would mean using lycanthropy on a unit created with a war college or by a warlord is better than lycanthropy on a level 0 spearmen. (Which is probably good for the AI, but also makes lycanthropy generally more powerful than indicated.)

Depends what you want.

Casting Lycanthropy sets a unit to zero exp and levels, so no, barracks doesn't work.
Warlord shouldn't either, but with Heroism on, Warlord is not applied as "Warlord", but as "heroism at +1 level more than normal".

Now I wonder, where Heroism is applied. Since the level is actually removed, and not recalculated later, why does it even work?

...part of the procedure that calculated unit stats.
It's pretty much
1. get unit level
2. if heroism then check if level is lower than needed (3, 4 or 5), if yes, replace
3. refresh the level on the unit as well to the above

The problem? This only goes one way. The procedure that restores the unit to normal if it doesn't have heroism is skipped for fantastic units.

So we need a
4. if no heroism and unit is fantastic, set level to 0
and also a
2b. if unit is fantastic, even with heroism skip warlord and crusade checks.

Heroism is so much pain.

This btw is even more relevant now, as Mystic Surge can put combat Heroism on fantastic units.

Regeneration is one of the strongest abilities in the game. I'd rate it a close 2nd to magic immunity, since most of my really big wins have depended on it in some way. So it doesn't seem necessary to increase the def of werewolves to me, either. They're already quite resistant to some damaging effects due to high health / figures anyway.

Can create undead/life drain units kill werewolves permanently? I've noticed that those prevent troll units from regenerating after battle - I wonder if the death immunity of werewolves has any effect on this.

That bug was fixed, death immunity now prevents the prevention of regeneration.

Syphon Life against Lizardman Javelineers. 5 figures die. Then they get hit with Barbarian bezerkers which kill the last figure.

After the battle, the Javelineers are not raised as undead.

Is this a case of the Bezerkers doing more than 10 damage, so even though they only kill one figure, they're counted as doing the majority of the damage?

Undead Hydra... om nom nom....

"Is this a case of the Bezerkers doing more than 10 damage, so even though they only kill one figure, they're counted as doing the majority of the damage? "
Most likely yes.

Do you know, if the first bezerker figure kills the last figure with its thrown attack - do the other 5 figures still attack? And do all 6 figures still do their regular melee attack?
I assume yes in both cases, in which case, does the dead figure still use its defense to reduce incoming damage? Again I assume yes.

If all 3 questions are yes, that would still average more than 10 damage, so that would be why the target didn't raise from the dead. If the last question is no, that would increase the damage done even more.