As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

SORCERY Realm

Ohh, the Valkyre Lance, that's probably the best melee weapon in the entire game. Ok, second best, the Atma Weapon is better but I like having defense and not being affected by Illusion Immunity.

Yeah, I could have bought it around 6k but I didn't think I'd need heroes. Sad now. I might have to craft artifacts which will take forever given my whole 2 amp towers.

I have the warrior mage! I can cast flight!!

Well, fortunately 4 books are enough for every possible Life item power. The good news is, against a Sorcery enemy, you likely won't need those other realm powers, raw stats and Life powers should be plenty. As long as there aren't too many Storm Giants and Sky Drakes in the cities you plan to attack...
Don't expect it to work on the capital though, not without being able to cast healing spells. Soul Linked Storm Giants are no joke.

In my dwarves game I've dealt with flying spell warded cities with... Golems. No need to cast much either. Just go outside the city and the troops inside engage in melee, the end.

A bit of a let down really.

That's actually the opposite end of strategic shenanigans. Golems are badly underrated, so the AI thinks they can just melee them to death, because the AI doesn't understand 'high armor single figure'.

Yep, don't keep golems in cities smile

Eh, not much kills golems (if they have buffed defense) so you'd get lots of defensive battles that way, and you'd probably win.

Ah but then that's counting as a strategic strength shenanigan wink

Speaking of that I was wondering why should we be able to buff and heal magic immune stuff... Is it or is it not magic immune?

Because sky drakes would suck if you couldn't buff them. I assume its like a frequency based force field - if you know the frequency, you can bypass the force field. In this case, the magic immune creature simply allows good stuff and ignores bad stuff.