As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Nagas

So, Nagas are stronger now thanks to the change in Poison - on top of the recent Sorcery update buffing them to 5 melee and 3 moves. I do believe the 3 movement should stay but the rest, we can to think about.

Which gives us plenty of options :

-Keep as is (stronger nagas than ever before)
-Reduce poison strength by 1 (stronger vs high resistance, weaker vs low resistance than before, however lowering poison damage will make them perform worse at the job that required raising the save modifier in the first place so this is questionable, 1 reduction cuts poison damage by 25%.)
-Reduce the 5 melee back to 4
-Drop the +1 To Hit
-Some other nerf (health, armor, etc)

Reducing poison seems like the most obvious solution. 12 poison of -1 modifier this early (more than wyvern riders) seems excessive. The combo with focus magic at the beginning with 12 poison rewards too much for such an easy discovery.

Definitely keep them as is, they're finally useful.

I'd make them a bit squishier - a tool for aggression but less for defence. Hell hounds at the same speed have 1 less health and only 2 shields. That wouldn't change their usefulness but would make the roaming packs slightly easier to deal with.

Hell Hounds are weak, one of the easiest threats to deal with. Nagas used to take that prize, they work nicely with 3 moves now. Hell Hounds go down too easily, I'd give them 4 moves. Right now even a stack of 9 is pin cushions because they take too long to get to my ranged units. And with only 3 moves it's way too easy to set up hitting them first so their breath attacks are negated.

4 moves on hounds really can make sense:

- they are aggressive and squishy, so charging is the tactic they should use

- they are a chaos summon, so aggression should totally be their cup of cake

- they need some more chance to use their firebreath even when used by AI, which is very weak at doing this with slow units

- and, finally, they are dogs, four legged very fast creatures.

that said, this actually is a naga thread.

Ha ha you guys really want to see the end of normal troops? If that's the philosophy we want then ok, but be aware that buffing summons further means that city troops have even less of a role as now.
Oh, and more difficult nodes.

Agreed, I was just pointing out that the comparison with Hell Hounds wasn't the best one. That's like comparing Spearmen with Skeletons, both are crap.

City troops are already excellent Arnuz, except Spearmen and Swordsmen. Halberdiers do great against summons. Nagas are no great challenge now, but they can catch you unaware if you have too little ranged and low resistance. Hell Hounds should do the same thing, they don't at present. When was the last time you crapped your pants over a stack of hell hounds? War Bears are a much bigger threat because they absorb a lot of damage and don't go down easily to ranged units.

Quite recently. I lost the game. A lunatic mono chaos showed up with 2 stacks in 02 or 03, I surrendered and revealed: he had some 84 hell hounds over the whole map, there's a thread about this somewhere in the forum smile