As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Heroes and abilities

Ok, done.

Haste from an item shows up in combat as a dispellable buff. The AI can successfully dispel it. However, it immediately gets replaced on the hero, which causes the AI to try to dispel it again.

Not a bug, the original developers ran out of unit enchantment space and added it through a workaround it goes into a unit curse slot. Since those don't have an "item" version, the items just grant the normal spell effect but does so continuously.
I don't think Haste contributes any to dispel magic priority and targeting priority though. Unless it was the only enchantment on the hero, it's not a bug.

OK. It wasn't the only buff. (Although it was after the second dispel, but the AI ran out of casting skill so I wasn't sure it wouldn't try again.)

Thanks for the explanation!

We have a hero with Flying, another with Forester, some with Mountaineer, two with Pathfinding, and even one with Wind Walking...but there is no Water Walking hero. I thought it might be a good idea to give that movement type to the Unknown?

I'd give it to Alorra actually. Unknown has no particular reason for it that I can see.

Well, I have two :
-You don't see his face so you can assume it's a lizardmen hero
-In the optional portraits, I'm putting a character named "Marine" there. Unless I change my mind but I don't see which other one I could replace...

Why would an elf archer walk on water?

Oh one more. You can't find Allora in lairs. You can find Mystic X. Finding a hero who can't leave the island is always a pain. So it's better if it's not a champion.

i think the game should have at least an hero for each race, so we miss a lizardman hero among others. maybe the orc archer could become the javelineer?

Well, I'm not going to redraw the original hero sprites. If you want to draw a lizardmen hero unit (portrait and combat unit), I don't mind swapping him. (Though then we won't have an Orc. So that's kinda pointless.)

Elven magic wielding archer/ranger types are stereotypically often able to run on water in fiction. Water walking us also typically associated with nature magic which is what elves typically have.

An unknown weird guy sounds more like flight, or teleporting. Something that is fantastic.

If you want it as a hero, I would change the ranger to water walking, and change the barbarian to pathfinding (or just be happy with only one pathfinder)