As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Nodes

Part is the already mentioned sorcery creatures. Phantoms are silly weak as anything ranged wipes them. Nagas are not hard, but they are common and every realm has not-so-hard common creatures on purpose. So if possible, instead of an army of nagas and phantoms, a couple water elementals plus a few nagas/phantoms.

Sorcery creatures are the primary source of Sprites compatible targets. Any drastic change to the generation of those would mean we have to reopen the testing to ensure they remain playable. I rather not do that considering it's about right as is (and took like 2 months of balancing to achieve that), aside from some maps having an unreasonable amount of Sorcery nodes sometimes. As long as the number of nodes remain in the 8-12 range, we probably shouldn't change the monster distribution. Water Elementals are very hard to beat in a node as they have 9 armor with the node bonus, are ranged, and even have weapon immunity, poison immunity and fire immunity. So adding those would position these nodes away from early into the midgame. Losing early treasure has a huge negative impact on the playability of the game, as you essentially need some treasure to be able to build up to your decent units or get settlers and compete on any higher difficulty. Unless we decide to alter the early game away from treasure (in which case we need other changes to ensure people can afford buildings and units without it), we should not reduce the amount of early nodes and lairs. (However I do think treasure being a significant part of the game is a very important aspect of 4X in general as it is fun, rewards exploration, rewards experienced players who know how to beat various monsters, and does not have the frustration that comes with getting resources through war, nor the micromanagement hell of building up economy to obtain them. So I think it should stay an important game mechanic.)

I agree with Seravy on this. I don't think we need a change to sorcery node guardians.